41

Every day I learned how much energy controlled the world, and so many more ways than one.

By the time dinner finished I was stuffed and sleepy, the desert having been the nail on the coffin for comfort and making me want to take a nap. Under the table I felt Shoto tap my thigh.

"It's pretty late everyone, we should probably head back to the dorms," Shoto spoke. For a moment I wondered if he was reading my energy.

Nodding and saying our goodbyes we helped clean the table before lining up to leave each one of us thanking and quickly hugging Mr. And Mrs. Bakugo on our way out.

Before I left I felt her hold my hand, "you're always welcome here. All of my son's friends are." and then she let me go, her energy telling me everything.

The woman meant it, she saw us like her kids.

Walking back to the group I was a little dazed from her energy. It was like pure chaos with love and fire intertwined. A true mother bear.

As we walked back I fell to the back with Shoto.

"Enjoy the Bakugo house?" He asked.

"I did. It's nice seeing the dynamic you know? Gives me hope hot head can control himself one day." I replied with a laugh.

By the time we made it back to our dorms everyone was pretty tired and going straight to their rooms bidding goodnight.

Shoto and I walked up waving to Asui who was heading to bed too.

"Wanna watch tv for a bit?" I asked Shoto, unlocking my door and walking in.

I had gotten the small tv a couple days ago with my stipend money. Between Academic and the Agency I was doing pretty well now.

Nodding his head he followed in finding his spot on the bed.

As we stayed there watching some anime that was a little gory for my taste Shoto started talking quietly, "you don't have to explain, but what happened with Aizawa."

It took me a moment to grasp what he asked but at this point I was tired of lying. He knew enough anyways.

"You'll be happy to know he didn't want to date me. Pretty sure it went against his morals or some shit." I replied.

I know Shoto could hear it. The anger and also waiver of my voice.

But I was more consumed with confusion anyways. Here we were talking about Shota when Shoto was one of the reasons I was confused in my love life anyways.

"Why didn't it work with Momo?" I dropped.

There was silence. Like Shoto never expected me to have this question but I heard him breathe in slowly before responding.

"We did the dates, a couple actually, but they both just felt.... Off. Two friends trying to date. The kiss is what sealed the fact, we didn't have whatever passion or chemistry we thought we had."

I nodded my head but didn't respond for a moment.

"Do you like someone?" I asked

God what an idiot shit to ask. Do you like someone?????? What am I? In middle school?

If he noticed my embarrassment he ignored it and answered.

"Sure, who doesn't. I don't see anything coming out of it though, she doesn't feel the same way and I respect that." He replied still watching the show.

I only nodded, a lil numb now knowing he did in fact have a crush on someone, even if it wasn't returned.

We stayed there quietly then, finishing the episode before Shoto got up and started heading back to his room.

He paused at the door, before coming back and kissing the top of my head.

I felt my face warm but didn't respond, he had turned around just as fast and headed out the door.

I stopped thinking for a second.

Although one thought slipped in, was it me?

Did I want it to be?