25.

Aizawa POV

"I can't" (Y/N) says, her words sounding dragged to my ears.

She's exhausted, and her body, what was so fierce and almost fearful, is now on the ground encased in ice and small once again.

I keep my cool, sitting in the teacher's stand next to Midnight, I try not to show how worried I am. Not to show how much I want to run to the infirmary as I see Todoroki take her out of the arena, the crowd standing and yelling now.

"I'll be right back," I mumble to Midnight, walking down the stands and back into the building. Walking to Recovery Girls station I see Todoroki placing her on the stretcher stationed for the festival.

"oh no, you don't. You're not going to stay here young man, go back to the student lounge and get ready for your final fight." I hear Recovery Girl saying, shooing away the kid.

Nodding his head, I see him stroke (y/n)'s hair back before stepping back and walking the way I was coming. There was a moment of surprise in his eyes, showing in his steps when he misses one. We make eye contact as we cross paths, a silent head nod.

I stop at her stretcher, keeping my hands in my pocket.

"She'll be fine Shota, just tired." Recovery Girl says, reading (Y/N's) charts.

A small scoff makes its way out of my mouth before I can stop it. "Sorry," I say quietly.

She pats my arm before continuing, almost as if she knew that I cared more than I should right now about a student being down.

I stay a few more moments until I see Recovery Girl nod and her student helpers start to move her stretcher to the hospital wing for proper rest and monitoring.

I head back up to the teacher viewing section, not wanting to bring attention to being gone for so long. Joining Midnight, we chat as we wait for Todoroki's and Midoriya's fight.

--------------- YOUR POV ----------------

I woke up to a bright light hitting me in the eyes. Feeling fuzzy and my throat dry, I turned my head to see Shoto, Momo, Kiri, and Bakugo on the ground laid back against the infirmary wall. So this is where I ended up.

I coughed then, causing Momo to wake up from the small sound.

She seemed to realize quickly that the others were sleeping, before quietly rushing over to me and handing me a glass of water that had been at my bedside table. Helping me sit up, I balanced my head on the pillow and turned my head to look at her, too weak to hold my head up.

"Hey babe," I said, my voice sounding scratchy still.

Momo smiled before shaking her head and forcing me to drink more water. "How ya doing Rockstar?" Momo replied, the guys slowly starting to wake up now.

I shook my head before rolling my eyes. "Annoyed, but also a little blissful that I was so close," I reply, watching the guys get up and join us, Bakugo shrugging Kiri off his shoulder who was still half-asleep.

"What time is it?" I ask, noticing how dark it was outside.

"Late" mumbled Kiri, before falling on the end of my bed. A small smile crept on my face seeing him rub his eyes like a toddler woken from a nap.

They stayed around for the night, apparently having gotten permission from Aizawa and Recovery Girl. It was 7 PM when I had awakened, the event has been over for hours for now. Which explains why everyone looks better.

I got the breakdown of what happened after I was knocked out. Shoto carried me out of the arena, apparently to everyone yelling both our names, the fight having impressed them all. It was sad to think I missed Shoto and Deku's fight, but apparently, Deku had won, and it was his first time winning the events as well.

Allmight teared up, and Deku's mom somehow made it into the arena and was crying and hugging him as he walked out. I wish I had seen it, but I guess I can watch the replays tomorrow.

Recovery girl came in after a while of talking with everyone, "okay everyone, Ms. (l/n) needs her rest. It's time to shoo. You've stayed long enough."

Noises of complaint were heard around the group as they all get up and said their goodbyes. Kiri looked like he'd rather fall asleep at the foot of my bed than walk back to the dorms. As they all trickle out, only Shoto stays behind. Recovery Girls goes to shoo him, until realizing it was he I lost too. Maybe she noticed that he needed this moment alone. 

"How are you feeling," Shoto asks quietly as Recovery Girl reads through my chart again.

I reach and hold his hand, sending a light squeeze as he sits next to me on the bed, trying not to jostle me. "I got far didn't I?" I ask quietly. 

A small smile creeps on his face, "it was terrifying, to be honest," a small twinkle appearing in his eyes now.

I smile and laugh before coughing from the slight discomfort, a small glare sent our way from Recovery Girl. 

"It was weird Shoto, that energy I experienced, I had never felt it before," I had dropped his hand now, holding mine in front of me almost mesmerized with what I was able to do today. 

"you were glowing, literally," he pauses, almost studying my hands that had fallen onto my lap. "what did you do exactly? your power... it felt like something was swallowing me for a second when you came up." he replied.

I shook my head, not knowing how to reply. I had never known I had so much inside me. I had floated. 

"I remember calling for it," I responded quietly, "it was like this small flame in my body and I blew on it with so much force it expanded into what you saw," I finished. Even I didn't know what I was capable of at that moment.

"You're going to do amazing things," Shoto finally said after a few moments of silence. Getting up and gathering his jacket from the floor, he kissed my forehead and sent a wave to Recovery Girl before leaving.  

"You're doing much better (l/n)-chan. You should be more careful in the future exerting so much energy. These dumb games do this every year, just no break for you kids," I hear her complain as she grabs some meds for me to drink.

Gulping down the medicine, I sigh as I feel my muscles relax, the strain that was on my shoulders leaving. "Thank you" I mumble passing her back the flask.

"You're most welcome, now please rest up, you'll have the rest of the weekend to relax." She says walking over to her desk and finishing up some paperwork.

"Was I the only one?" I asked, realizing there were no other students around.

"Hmmm? Oh yes. Well to the level of strain you were at yes," she replies barely looking up as I see her finishing up.

I pick up my phone, assuming Momo had left it for me after the event. Scrolling through I see texts from my foster family in the U.S congratulating me on placing third in the festival. My heart does a little soar, not having had time to speak with them in so long.

Then another jump, as another text pops into my phone.

UNKNOWN: I hope you feel better. - S.A