32.

"Again," he huffed at me, but my body was exhausted.

"Shoto seriously, it's already 10:30, we've been at this for over an hour let's leave," I respond, but my voice is out of breath and I'm hunched over from a kick I didn't block on time.

Tonight we were doing combat with no quirks, which meant no ice or heat burns, but still plenty of bruises for me.

The mission date was set yesterday, next week Wednesday in the morning. I had already been excused from classes as well as the other heroes joining, which was almost all of class 3-A.

However it was Friday, and I had only been training for a week with Shoto. I also haven't seen Shota. Between my training for the mission and his preparation with the other pro-heroes, I was too exhausted to even zap to his room and he wasn't going to come knocking either.

As Shoto kept me here late again, I wonder if that had been his plan all along.

"You can do one more round (y/n)," Shoto responded, before walking over to me and cooling where he had kicked me.

"Thanks," I mumbled, standing straight and trying to stretch, "fuck" I whispered under my breath, the muscles in my body fighting the movement.

As we went back to our start positions I made myself slide into a new spot. "changing it up?" asked Shoto, a small smirk on his face.

"Let's just get this over with, I'm hungry," I grumbled back.

"Go!" Shoto shouted before he began running at me. I, being too tired to move decided it was time to cheat.

Zapping behind him when he was only a foot away I swiftly kicked the middle of his back as hard as I could, throwing him to the ground from surprise.

Quickly, I jumped on his back and elbowed the back of his head, knocking his head to the ground. I heard him grunt before he quickly twisted his body under me, grabbed my arms, and rolled us over.

Under him now I could see my little trick had given him a small cut on the forehead, and possibly a cut on the cheek. Oops. Bringing my knees up to my chest I kicked him off me and went to roll over and run, but I felt him grab my ankle and pull me back under him.

Before I could even try a punch I had both wrists held down over my head with a very red-faced and proud Shoto on top.

"Concede?" he asked a smirk on his lips, barely out of breath already.

"oh fuck off," I said, causing him to let go of my wrist with a smile and roll off me.

"you're not bad, considering it's only been a few days," Shoto said. He was getting up now, brushing off the dirt from his pants. With a hand held out, I grabbed on and let him pull me off the ground.

"Do you think I could at least handle myself?" I asked him, going over to grab my gym bag and his from the ground while he grabbed our water bottles from the benches.

"If you use your powers, yeah, but the whole point of us doing combat without it is so you can fight without wasting the energy for transporting," he responded.

As we kept walking towards our building I looked up towards Aizawa's windows. Lights off again.

I looked back at Shoto to see a small frown on his face, most likely catching me looking for Shota.

"I'm going to make some gyros. You want some?" he asks as we step into the common room, dropping our stuff near the staircase.

"Yeah, sounds good," I respond quietly, trying to hide my disappointment at another night without Shota.