40

When Monday rolled around we all walked in to see Shota at the head of the class. He was dressed in his normal wear, his eyes still tired and red like they were at the beginning of the year before I had started doing small heals at night before bed.

When everything felt simple and I just wanted to be in his arms.

As I walked to my desk talking with the Baku group, I felt his eyes on me, but made no move to turn to him. I still felt hurt from last Thursday. Even if I was happy to see him healed.

It just felt like even after saving his life, he still saw me as something easily breakable.

"Aizawa-San, sir, we are happy to have you back," stated Ida, bowing to him before taking his seat.

Everyone took that moment to welcome him back, except me who made eye contact but never spoke.

No one noticed anyways, except him.

The rest of the class I could feel Shoto glance at me, his hand almost testy like he wanted to reach out to me or who knows write a note to slide over. But he didn't, and I was thankful.

I didn't need anything else to think about right now, like the growing crush I was beating down for him.

It wasn't fair to Shoto. To start liking him while I still had feelings for Shota. Shota, who I had no real closure with and only a question mark hanging above us.

"Today class, we're going to be covering building fires and how to rescue without further destruction to the site or the people inside."

As the class lecture went on, I tried to focus on the matter but it was like every glance felt heavier. Like Shota was trying to tell me something.

By the end of class I couldnt ignore it anymore. He obviously wanted to speak with me, and there was no point in running.

I needed to know what he was thinking.

As the class was dismissed I slowly packed my bags, pretending to be interested in the reading for a moment longer so no one would bother me.

I didn't need the others knowing, even if Shoto would probably guess.

As everyone filed out, I started packing my things. Shoto was the last to go, glancing at me and then Shota before shaking his head slightly and walking out.

He would never approve, but I didn't need it. My feelings for Shoto complicated things already anyways.

Aizawa stayed at his desk, sitting and writing while I walked up and stood in front.

"Hello sir," I said, eyeing the open hall door. I was sure Shoto left it open on purpose.

"How can I help you Ms. (l/n)?" he asked casually, but he was frowning and I saw the frustration in his eyes.

"I'd like to discuss my progress sometime." I stated.

Was this true? No, but it gave me an excuse to be here.

"Lets go to the office." standing up and grabbing his things, there was no time for me to respond besides falling behind him.

There was no Shoto when we walked out, but I know he stayed. I could feel his energy around the corner.

Following Shota back to the teachers lounge neither one of us spoke. There was almost a wall between us and I didn't know where to start breaking it down.

As we entered I noticed everyone was gone, making this conversation easier to happen.

"We need to talk," I started, sitting down in one of the lounge chairs and eyeing the one next to me for him to sit down.