24.

Aizawa has an odd look pass his face for a moment before going blank again.

"No thanks kid, just wanted to come by and grab your scarf for repairs." He said, barely glancing at me.

Shinso nods, passing along what was left of his tool that I had ruined. If I think about it, I wonder how he was able to bring that into the arena.

Aizawa finally turns to me now, pocketing the scraps.

"Good luck on your next round Ms. (L/N)" he says smoothly, before passing between us and walking off.

I pause for a moment and almost want to yell at him that I'm already in the top 5, but I hold myself back, not wanting questions from Shinso.

As Shino steps up to order, there's a silence between us now. Whether it was how close we got for a second during my fall, or if he noticed anything off with Aizawa, his face shows one of deep thought.

I don't bother him, and as we wait for the food I look around the crowd. Spotting heroes, students, and families mile around with smiles and excitement, it makes me miss my foster home for a moment.

"Did your family come and watch?" Shinso asks, finally losing his deep thought and glancing at the crowd with me.

I hum and shake my head, "too far." I say simply.

He nods his head and stays silent for a few more seconds before speaking again, "Mine can't watch in person, freaks them out too much considering I don't have a flashy quirk."

I laugh, "they wouldn't like me then, mine is flashy, and I did just kick your ass," I respond, flashing him a smile and laughing.

We continue talking, getting our food, before finding a picnic area to eat.

Our conversation isn't deep or insightful, it's stupid and funny, and I'm laughing and relaxed. It's exactly what I needed before the announcement came on.

ALL FINAL COMPETITORS, PLEASE RETURN TO THE ARENA. SEMI-FINAL ROUNDS WILL BEGIN SHORTLY.

There's a pause in our conversation, a slight reminder to him that it's me going to the next round. I stand up, Shinso joining me as we somber up and throw out our things. We walk to the arena together, only parting at the main entrance where Shinso wishes me good luck before heading up to the student stands.

I return to the arena, with Tokoyami, Deku, and Shoto joining me. We stand in a line, side by side, as Allmight enters the stage for the announcements.

"Let's give it up for the final four!!" Allmight yells, walking up the stage as the crowd cheers for us. I close my eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath and just taking it in. I'm in the top 5, my first goal was done.

"Now let's see who will be competing against one another!"

We hold our breaths, as the screen lights up once again to our faces being shown next to one another. Theres' a pause before a shuffle on the screen begins, throwing our faces around until it stops, the fights set.

"Tokoyami and Deku, first fight!" Allmight announces. There's the bated breath before the crowd cheers, and as Shoto and I walk off the arena together, I can only wonder what this means for me.

----- fight cut ----

Deku's win comes as no surprise to anyone. The crowd is yelling, the arena is a mess, and I'm sitting in the student waiting room watching on the tv screen.

It's quiet. Shoto is in his room next door. There was an unspoken agreement that we needed to be alone. This was still a competition, still a battle.