30.

The next day, after classes had ended and the others had left for their jobs and internships, I slipped to my room and zapped to Shota's apartment above. 

"No text?" 

Jumping from the sudden noise behind me, I turned around to see I had ended up in his closet as he was getting dressed.

"In my defense, I was aiming for the living room," I mumbled, walking past him and pecking his lips as he continued grabbing his clothes for the night.

Our night was set like usual, Shota and I would cook and then relax the rest of the time in his living room before moving to the bedroom. That had become my favorite part.

I hadn't gotten my way yet though. Shota may be happy to touch and kiss me, but he seemed worried about going further. All I could think about was Shoto's comment from last night, and if our going further would only make things more complicated. 

I wasn't even sure if I should tell him about Shoto's comment.

"How was your day?" he asked, coming from behind me as I stood next to the kitchen counter, so deep in thought, I hadn't even heard him come from the bedroom.

"It was good, tiring," I told him, turning around so I could wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down to my lips. 

Maybe this was my favorite part? I think. Just being with Shota.

Kissing him was... perfect. 

No, too cliche, but I always feel my body hum when he moves down to my neck like he's doing right now, placing soft open kisses and trailing his lips across my chest before making his way back up to my lips.

I feel a small giggle come up, a smile on his face as he pecks my forehead. 

As we silently begin moving around the kitchen my mind forgets Shoto's and I's conversation, my body just enjoying the rhythm of cooking with Shota. We didn't talk much, listening to the news in the background and making small comments to one another when we heard something interesting.

"We just need them gone, I don't understand what's taking the heroes so long to fix this!" I heard a woman yelling through the screen from the TV as her car behind her looked broken into with the windows smashed. 

"What's that about?" I mumbled, my eyes straining to read the news tag at the bottom.

I hear Shota sigh next to me, grabbing the rag that was on his waist and wiping his hands off. 
"That's what I've been working on with Endeavor," he responds, standing next to me and leaning on the counter as we watch the story unfold. Petty theft and break-in rising.

"I was going to bring it up to you soon, so I might as well now," he continues, "Endeavor is ready to go in on the group, we think it's a smaller organization from the old vigilante group his son was a part of. Idiots that weren't big enough to get caught last time but dumb enough to try their hand again."

"And why bring it up to me exactly? No offense, but I'm not even a sidekick," I told him. It was a sore spot I had only ever shared with Shota that I was so behind on real action compared to my classmates. 

Nodding his head I felt him rub my lower back softly, "I know darling, and I know how you feel about it. But Endeavor would like you there for healing and rescue, no combat; as long as we can stop it at least."

I stayed silent for a few moments, registering what was being asked of me. "so you want me in on a secret mission, that you're running with the endeavor, and I'm assuming hawks, just for zapping and energy passing?"

Energy passing was something new I had been trying with Shota. It was like seeing my power and pushing energy into someone tired, or let's say hurt, and giving them a little boost. His eyes were less red already from giving him bits in the morning. 

He nodded his head, "we're not sure if they'll have anyone hostage or the like. We've been tracking them for months since the school year started, but I do have a small fear we might miss someone if we're not prepared." 

Nodding my head I replied, "I can handle zapping and energy passing, when is this happening?"

I watched as his eyes went back to the news, another couple sharing how their home had been broken into last week, the thief getting away with hundreds of dollars worth of jewelry that had been family pieces. 

"He's aiming for the next two weeks before the semester ends and more people are on the streets again," he responds, leaving his spot next to me and going back to the food we had been making. Soba tonight.

"Okay," I respond, although inside my heart is racing and I hate myself to admit I'm scared; terrified of stepping into a mission that sounds so high stakes when the last time I did a mission was a small burglary in America. 

During the dinner I feel my appetite leaving me, the soba not tasting great anymore and my mind thinking of how much energy I'll need to zap multiple people at a time, or how much I can spare while being able to travel until I use all of it. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have told you," I hear Shota say quietly. My head snaps up from my food, where I had been staring at the bowl for the past couple of minutes. "I'll just tell Endeavor you're not ready. You need more practice," he says, standing from his chair and coming around the small table to my side. 

I watch him as he kneels next to me, "if you're not-" I cut him off.

"I can do it, I'm just thinking about how to prepare," I reply, controlling my voice. I need this experience, even if I am terrified. "I'll just set up some practice time in the gym and work on my combat skills in case I need to defend myself or whoever I'm saving," I told him.

He stares into my eyes for a moment and finds whatever he's looking for as he nods and goes back to his seat.

"Start training with Shoto, Bakugo, the girls, anyone. If you train alone you'll only get so far," he replies.

That night we don't move past the kissing and soft touches, my mind going 100 miles per hour, I kept losing myself in my thoughts. How was I going to help in the case? Can I ask for Shoto's help, or will he say no because of Aizawa? 

---- A/N ----

It's been months since I've updated and I'm thankful for everyone who read and stuck around! In all honesty, this story has left me slightly stumped about where I want to take it, so thank you for letting me find my way. I think this story will be over around 40-50, so stay tuned <3