|| Saptasaptati: Resurrecting Bonds ||

En başından başla

"We bid adieu, Bhrata Yudhishthira!" Balarama joined his palms. "I'm ashamed due to Satyaki and Hardikya who have caused so much havoc. I can assure you that the Vrishnis never have any such ambition of taking away what rightfully belongs to your queen and your son. Neither do we bear any animosity for the Panchalas. I've apologized to Maharaja Drupada as well and he has accepted it. I hope this conflict never repeats again!"

"I hope the same, Rama!" Yudhishthira caught Balarama's palms. "I know about the Vrishnis' integrity. The mistakes of Satyaki and Hardikya won't make the Pandava family view our own relatives in a bad light. We understand your situation and your dilemma. Let's strive to avoid such conflicts as far as possible and maintain harmony!"

The Yadava family, everyone except Krishna and Satyabhama, took leave from everyone from the Pandava family. It was decided earlier that Krishna, Satyabhama and their children would stay back until the delivery of Subhadra's child. Krishnaa knew that it wasn't the only reason.

If it was just for Subhadra's delivery, any of her sister-in-law could have stayed back and not particularly Satyabhama. The daughter of Satrajit had volunteered to stay back in Indraprastha as she could look after her sister-in-law too but at the same time, she could mitigate the crack in her friendship with Krishnaa. The Queen of Indraprastha knew that her friend had tried her best to prepare her for the upcoming hurricane. She had been initially upset that Satyabhama didn't reveal the entire truth but Krishnaa realized that it was impossible for her friend. As the daughter-in-law of the Vrishnis, she had certain limits beyond which she couldn't act. Being a daughter-in-law herself, she knew the kinds of duties that they owed to their marital families. Friendship was a priority personally but there were some familial priorities no could escape. She knew that she would have done the same thing had she been in her place.

But she was more perplexed with Krishna's actions. She did not doubt him as she could never do that. She knew that he was Bhagavan himself and he always had valid reasons for whatever he did. She was definitely hurt because of whatever that happened but she knew Krishna very well. He was a kind of person who could go through hell himself if it was for some greater good. Being his friend, more than feeling betrayed that he never gave her a clue about Subhadra, she was feeling like he relied on her to deal with it with her own strength instead of keeping her informed. It seemed like some preparation or some foreboding as if he was...

Krishna was preparing her for some betrayal by destiny itself in the future, by making her go through it through humans first. She couldn't pinpoint what betrayal it would be but as far as her devotional wisdom was concerned, that's how she could interpret Madhava's actions. As his devotee, she could accept anything he decided with an enduring stance but as his friend, she wanted to know why he didn't trust her enough to let her know the truth beforehand, to let her know that his sister was in love with Arjuna, to let her know that he was performing their marriage, to let her know that she had to sacrifice her happiness for some reason. Couldn't she have done that much for her best friend? More than displeasure, she was feeling downcast that she couldn't earn his trust the way Arjuna earned it. Krishna called both of them as his friends but it was only Arjuna whom he seemed to have truly considered as his comrade.

The other Yadavas were sent off by Yudhishthira himself. He took Balarama and Pradyumna in his chariot driven by Indrasena till the outskirts when they climbed their own chariots. From there, they left for Dvaraka with the other vehicles of the convoy. Once the guests departed, Vrikodara, Arjuna, and Yudhishthira returned to the palace one by one, and immersed themselves in their duties.

________

Krishnaa was sitting in the common hall of the inner quarters, her children playing around as she was chatting with her sister-in-law and her niece. Bhanu, the son of Krishna and Satyabhama, entered the hall with a thoughtful expression. Noticing him, Krishnaa slowly rose from her seat curiously. The lost look on his face told her that something was very grave about his arrival.

"Pitrisv-" He stopped as Krishnaa stared at him incredulously. He was going to address her as Pitrisvasa but he stopped. Why? Has everything changed so much that he cannot even...

She wasn't his Pitrisvasa, she knew that. It was Subhadra. But that's what Bhanu had been calling her because she was like a sister to his father. It was never a problem before.

"Actually, since Pitrisvasa Subhadra is also living in Indraprastha, I wanted to change my address to you."

"No one becomes Pitrisvasa by calling them that, Bhanu... How has the depth of our equation lessened with your Pitrisvasa's marriage?

"It hasn't lessened. For me, it has deepened. That's why I wanted to address you with a term that is more deeper. Do I have permission?"

"As you wish, Bhanu, I don't mind anything." Krishnaa sighed.

"I want to address you as Mata!" Bhanu grinned. "As you are my mother's close friend, you are like a mother to me."

Krishnaa broke into a wide smile, her gloominess transforming into awe. Arjuna, who had just entered the hall, heard their conversation and with a nostalgic smile, he joined them.

"Do you remember how you used to call Krishnaa as Mata in childhood, Bhanu?" Arjuna reminisced. "When you grew up a little and understood all these logics of relations, then only you started calling her Pitrisvasa."

"I don't remember but I can feel it, Taata," Bhanu responded smilingly.

"Taata?" Krishnaa raised her eyebrows.
"Bhanu, you are supposed to call him Pitrisvasapati, right?"

"I do, Mata, when Pitrisvasa is there. When you are there, I call him Taata."

"Such a complicated boy you are!" Arjuna shook his head fondly. "Just like Madhava and Satyaa!"

"Oh, I remembered!" Bhanu gasped. "Maa and Pita wanted to talk to you. Would you both go to the guest palace to meet them?"

Arjuna and Krishnaa exchanged an introspective glance. The latter did not know what to expect from the conversation and the former did not know what to expect from himself during this conversation. The last time when the four of them were together, everything was so colorful. Can they resurrect those beautiful colors?

_______