Coin

Crowley directed his gaze up to the sky once more. The clouds were still nowhere to be seen, the air was nothing short of pins as it hit exposed skin, and the flurries coming down did not seem to go away. "Not quite." Crowley's breath blew in front of him.

Upon hearing those words, a very frustrated nephalem exhaled sharply and kicked a snow-covered rock by her feet. "That's alright, darling." Aziraphale encouraged. "You'll get it in no time."

Cassi pinched her nose and huffed. "You've been saying that papa, but it's no use." She looked up at the sky. "I can't do it."

Crowley squeezed her daughter's shoulder. "Yes, you can." He rubbed his hands together. "You're my daughter after all."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It means you're as clever as I am." Crowley smirked. "Now," he wiggled his fingers, "hmm, the trick is you have to want to make the snow stop. Like a miracle only...not entirely the same. The weather is a template, you just have to manipulate it."

"I'm not you, dad." Cassi stated in a silent tone. "I'm not...as powerful as you or papa."

"Nonsense, you're doing an excellent job, and quite frankly, darling, I believe every angel is powerful in their own way."

Crowley held Cassi's hand in his. "We do it together this time." He squeezed her hands gently. "Ready? On three...one...two...erm, think of something other than snow...and three." Unfortunately for Crowley, his beautiful apple tree was gone in the blink of an eye as a lightning bolt struck the tree, flames devouring it. "Bloody hell."

"Ugh!" Cassi crossed her arms as Crowley snapped his fingers, putting out the flames. "I was thinking rain not-" she pointed at the burned tree "-that! I'm going back inside."

Aziraphale glided to his disappointed daughter. "Oh, darling, I know it's hard but," he gave her an endearing smile, "you'll get it in no time. Isn't that right?" He turned to Crowley.

"It's been days, papa. That poo smelling demon said it was my fault the weather is how it is. Some people are losing their homes because of me." She clicked her tongue. "Can't dad fix it, please? I can't...I just bloody can't."

Crowley wiggled his fingers about and the weather remained the same. "We've been over this, Cassi. I am not able to. Whatever you did, only you can fix it."

Aziraphale clapped his hands and gleamed. "Ah, let's backtrack. We were in New York when the unusual weather patterns began, therefore, hmm...what were you feeling at the time? Do you recall?"

"I recall she was in a mood." Crowley mumbled and raised a brow at a realization. "Ngk, come to think of it...she was fine until you said something to her. We were at a shop, do you remember?"

"Ah, we were. Yes, thank you, dearest." Aziraphale cupped his chin. "Let's see. We were buying souvenirs and I asked..." the angel halted as he recalled the exact words that made Cassi upset for no reason at all.

"Asked what?" Crowley crossed his arms and looked between his daughter and partner. "Well?"

"It's not important but what is important is why did the question upset you?"

Cassi blushed. "I-it did not upset me. It..." she groaned, "can we drop it please, papa?"

Crowley furrowed his brow. "Can the demon be included in this conversation or is this an angel thing?" Upon noticing his daughter's blush deepen, the demon grew even more curious. "Er, okay, what is going on?"

"It was not romantic!" Cassi blurted out.

Crowley exchanged looks with his angel and shook his head. "What wasn't? The shop?"