Date

Two Months Prior

"So, what can I do?" Crowley had the mindset, he was definitely ready, however, it was his lack of confidence that was his enemy. He needed references. "He, ngk, wants gentle and ro-" he groaned, "-mantic!" The demon picked out a book from Cassi's side of their library. "Kingdom of the Cursed? Sounds like me. I'm cursed, definitely cursed." He began to look through the pages although it did not take him long to shake his head disapprovingly and shut the book with a big thud. "A Court of Wings and Ruin? I have wings and I was ruined." He muttered to himself and skimmed through the heavy book, raising a questionable eyebrow.

"Oh," Aziraphale walked in, "decided to join our book club?"

Crowley immediately closed the book, "Huh? N-no...I was just looking for um...you look nice today."

"Oh, do I? Thank you." Aziraphale smiled and scanned the bookcase for something light to read. "And you look dashing as always." He eyed the book in Crowley's hands. "You'd love that. Rhys reminds me of you." He winked.

There was a comfortable silence between them as Aziraphale opened a book and presumably read the first page and placed it back on the shelf, which he continued doing so for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, Crowley had opened the book in his hand and pretended to read, though his eyes were on the angel. "So," he sniffed, closed the book in hand, and shelved it, "listen I was wondering."

"Yes?"

Crowley wanted to ask what Aziraphale considered romantic. He wanted to ask if he had ever been romantic in the years of knowing each, in which case, how could he replicate it. He wanted to desperately ask if it was at all romantic to be spontaneous and just go for it right there in the library. He wanted to ask if he was acting like a typical horny teenager. Instead, "May I kiss you?"

Aziraphale's expression softened as he placed the book down and he glided towards Crowley. He tiptoed and met his lover's lips with a tender kiss. "You don't need to ask."

"Angel?" Crowley whispered. Aziraphale said nothing but stroke Crowley's cheek. Crowley licked his lips as he wondered how he managed to have such a blessing in front of him. The day he sauntered down from heaven, was the day he knew he was undeserving of anything good. He had made mistakes, even though the mistakes were simple questions. Was god toying with him now? Was she still punishing him? Surely, she placed Aziraphale in front of him only to yank him back as if he never existed. Crowley's fingers traced Aziraphale's features as he convinced himself the angel was real and if he was bound to disappear any moment, he should make every second count. "Do...would you like to go on a date with me? Tomorrow?"

Aziraphale grabbed Crowley's hand and kissed his palm. "Nothing would make me happy." Crowley placed his hands on either side of the angel's face. He pulled him towards him and captured his lips with his. "Oh, but Crowley," the angel spoke softly, "what about Cassi? We can't leave her alone."

"She's alone right now."

"You know what I mean."

"I'll take care of it. I swear we should have had some time together alone before we had a child." Crowley teased.

"Child came first, mind you." The demon grinned at the angel's statement. "What?"

Crowley leaned down for another kiss. "Nothing, it's just," he chuckled, "child out of wedlock and living in sin, angel?"

"Yes, well, who's to blame?"

"The demon I gather?" Aziraphale pouted, knowing its full effect on the demon. "Fine, I'll take responsibility for your sins."