Cup

Crowley may have been older than the stars, older than planet earth, older than...older than dust for that matter, but even so, he tried his best to be relevant with today's modern language, slang included. However, "Sw- swirl?" He mentally searched his "language folder", "Um...you mean...erm...I'm not quite sure what you mean."

Sitting opposite Crowley, Cassi tried to understand as well. She was definitely younger than the stars but surely, she kept up with today's slag. "Essentially," Maggie leaned in and cleared her throat, "you get sperm from both parents, clinic swirls them together, that way there's no telling who is the biological parent. No bickering on who 'the real parent' is, if you know what I mean. All one needs is an egg donor."

Cassi's eyes met Crowley's shades as they turned to look at each other. Who knew getting a pastry and some caffeine while waiting for Aziraphale to finish, whatever he needed to round up in the bookshop, meant they would be assaulted by human medical advances. "Ho-how do they get the sperm?" Cassi innocently asked.

Maggie turned to her side to face Cassi. "Well, in a cup really."

"How does it get into the cup?"

Maggie eyed the girl inquisitively and before she could reveal how exactly one donates sperm, Crowley sat right and waved dismissively, "Err, Cassi, go on and order something for Aziraphale, he should be wrapping up soon."

Waving bye to the small cage next to her where Hex currently slept, Cassi did as told, although she was definitely going to ask Aziraphale how does one's sperm get into a cup. Did entities have such a thing? There had to be a book about said topic. Cassiopeia was indeed close to a hundred years old, but back in the 40's, no one spoke of sensitive topics, especially not an elderly couple. The only reason she knew where babies came from was from a blessing she had performed back in the 70's where a young lad wanted to get "lucky." All too innocently, Cassi assumed luck at a casino or something like that, but the man raised an eyebrow, and it was there, at a dingy pub in Port Talbot, where Cassi learned about how exactly one gets with child. Regardless of the information she had gained, Cassi thought the act was all too odd to even fathom but who was she to judge humans and their needs.

"I can't quite tell if she looks more like you or Mr. Fell. I felt as if I was looking at both of you when you introduced me." Maggie's eyes followed Cassi to the counter. "The whole block is talking about it. Mr. Fell's secret daughter."

"Nothing secret about her really, she was simply misplaced. But don't go spreading her whereabouts."

The shop's bell rang as Aziraphale walked in, immediately bee lining to where his partner sat. "Maggie." He greeted as he took the seat opposite of Crowley.

"Oh, Mr. Fell, I was just telling Mr. Crowley how your daughter is the talk to the neighborhood and about the swirl of course."

"Is that some kind of ice cream?"

"You take a cu-"

"Don't you dare explain it to him. Bad enough I had to hear about it."

"Oh, that's not good, I think she asked Nina." The three turned their attention to the counter. "She asks an awful lot of questions." At that moment, Nina glared at Maggie from across the room. "Excuse me." She cowardly said as she stood.

"You don't want to know, trust me." Aziraphale had opened his mouth to ask but Crowley thought it best to move on. "All done then, whatever it was you had to do at the shop."

"Managed to find the key to the cottage and I packed up some books and other essentials."

"Angel, the Bentley is packed enough as it is already with Cassi's books and her own essentials. We are only going there until we figure out how much heaven, and hell for that matter, know of...well her. We are not moving in permanently."