Lovely

Aziraphale's soft knocks echoed inside Cassi's room. "Darling girl," the angel spoke through the door, "are you alright?" After a silent moment, Cassi cracked the door open. "Did something happen?"

Cassi smiled politely. "Not at all, papa. I'm...simply tired, that's all."

"Did you get your coffee?"

"N-not really but Nina says hello."

"Oh, that's lovely. We should pay a visit tomorrow morning, the three of us." Cassi nodded. "Goodnight, my darling." Aziraphale kissed his daughter's forehead.

"Goodnight, papa."

Downstairs, Crowley waited patiently on the sofa, his leg shaking with uneasiness. "Angel?" He asked when he saw Aziraphale descend from the staircase. "Everything alright?"

Aziraphale sat opposite him in his armchair and exhaled. "Not quite."

Crowley raised an eyebrow.

"She lied to me just now. Probably best to let her be."

"She lied? Again?"

"Now, Crowley, before you march up there and interrogate her, I hardly believe a little white lie will be damaging."

Crowley scoffed at Aziraphale's accusatory tone. "Ngk, I was not going to...interrogate." Crowley leaned back on the sofa and crossed his arms. "Hmm?" He ran his fingers through his hair. "This whole parenting thing is tougher than I thought. I would see a human deal with their...their teenager and I thought the bloke just needed a quick smack on the head. That'll correct them."

Aziraphale's mouth hung open in disbelief.

"Not...not a hard smack. Always a ti-tiny one." The demon smacked the air. "I mean that's how hell handles the lower demons. That and the dung pits." He sniffed.

The angel raised his hand in front of him; palm facing Crowley. "I hope you are not contemplating on smacking our daughter for whatever reason."

"I would never." Crowley defended himself. "I'm simply saying those were my thoughts on parenting before. You know, a quick smack on the head but now...now I see it's a lot more complicated than that."

"Indeed, it is."

Crowley stood from the sofa, his feet making a loud thud on the floor, and walked towards the front door, retrieving his glasses from one of the tables. "Right, I'm off then."

"Where are you going?"

"I haven't sinned in a while. Might as well do it while we're in the city." He grinned. "I'm in a devilish mood after not being able to finish."

"Don't stay out too late."

"Care to join me?"

"Um, I'd rather not."

"Your loss. Erm, simple temptations and I'll be back." He rushed back towards his lover and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before exiting the shop.

Alone in the shop, Aziraphale looked up to the second floor. "Flashes of love." He whispered.

"This is just the ticket." Aziraphale's happy tone rang. "Fresh air to clear one's mind."

The small family, technically Aziraphale, had decided to take a stroll through St. James' Park. It was nearly noon when Aziraphale made the spontaneous decision to have a family outing. This after witnessing his daughter gazing longingly at the window.

"You know, Cassi, dad and I have had many strolls through this very park and have seen it grow from a barren field to what is it is now." The angel's smile beamed as he took hold of Crowley's arm. "Oh," he breathed in, "the bandstand. How lovely. Is it not lovely, dearest?"