Gray

They knew or rather, they must have known. It was idiotic to think heaven and hell would never interrupt their fragile existence...again. That was not how it worked. It had never worked like that; however, heaven and hell could never take away what they experienced during their blissful escape.

For once, Crowley had no intention of driving fast, the slower he drove, the slower their fairytale would end. "Are you sure it's not a trap?" The demon spoke through gritted teeth.

Aziraphale reread the postcard he had received from Muriel urging him to return to the bookshop as soon as possible. "They wouldn't dare be that conniving. I trust them."

"Right, well, we can trust them but I'm not, nor will I ever, trust your lot upstairs." The demon spat. "So what? They suddenly realized their supreme Archangel is missing...after three months? Please. It's a trap."

Cassi leaned over and read the postcard over Aziraphale's shoulder. "If you have to go back to heaven, papa, may I have your bookshop?"

Aziraphale grunted. "I'm not going anywhere; I believe they just want to have a talk. Probably wondering where I have been."

"Oh, yes, a talk!" Crowley elaborated on the k. "Because heaven is so very understanding when it comes to things not going how they want them to go, puh-lease. Don't ever trust and angel, Cassi, don't you dare. Think they are the good guys when in reality, they are just as crazy as demons...sometimes even worse." He grumbled.

"I rather you not insult angels at the moment."

"Right, right I apologize. What I meant to say, Cassi, is... trust no angel except for your father here."

"Crowley!" Aziraphale eyed him.

"No no, don't give that they are holier than thou look. You know I'm right or should I remind you about how you were almost casted into a blasted hell fire!" The Bentley's tires screeched as Crowley pressed down hard on the brake pedal. Angel and demon existed in the car, taking in their beloved bookshop. It was a sight for sore eyes although both wished they had come back on a better occasion. "So, what? You're just going to march in there and talk your way into their good graces?" Crowley's body moved without thinking, following Aziraphale into the bookshop. Aziraphale stepped inside first, seeing no sign of Muriel. "Probably leaving again because heaven always comes first, doesn't it?" The door shut behind them.

"That's quite enough of that!" Aziraphale's face was red in both anger and annoyance. "I get it, you hate heaven! You hate angels! You hate everything but don't throw me leaving us back in my face."

Crowley huffed and felt angry at himself. Those hurtful words did not mean anything as he had fully forgiven his lover. He knew he was angry at the possibility that Aziraphale might be going back to heaven but deep down, he knew it wasn't the angel's fault. It was that damn society he was from. He could not help that he belonged to heaven. They were a family that had become quite close during the last three months with Crowley's and Aziraphale's relationship blossoming into something incredibly and truly magical. It was beyond what either of them could have imagined it would be. They communicated now, they shared their most intimate thoughts, they got to know each other better, and most importantly they were finally together after millennia. Crowley did not want to live in a reality where all this might be a dream and he was actually sleeping the days away in his bed and the year was 1863.

Crowley stepped forward and sharply exhaled as he placed his hand gently on Aziraphale's neck and pressed his forehead on his. "I'm sorry." His voice was soft. "You know I don't...don't mean it."

"I know you don't." Aziraphale caressed Crowley's cheek. "You know I won't ever leave you again. Why would I leave you and...Cassi?" He looked around frantically until the bell to the shop rang and Muriel walked in.