Down

The excessive foot tapping could have been quieter, a lot quieter in fact, if a certain nephalem hadn't decided to wear her black boots that day. Not to mention her wiggling about on the sofa and groaning every few minutes. Meanwhile, an angel tried his best to tune her out as he looked through some files he had received not too long ago. He really should have reviewed them sooner but, alas, things happened. So far, if one were to list the things, it would include two nephalems coming about, a sudden winter in some regions, others were cursed with storms, earthquakes, tsunamis, and other kinds of weather. Apart from that, hell wanted to "discuss" with the father of one of the nephalems, oh and of course, the angel has been busy getting engaged and planning a wedding. "Cassi," Aziraphale cleared his throat and adjusted his reading glasses, "please stop."

Cassi groaned and stood from the sofa and decided to hover over her father's shoulder. "It's been hours, papa."

Aziraphale turned to the grandfather clock near him and acknowledged that it had indeed been hours, six to be exact, and the day was coming to an end.

"Papa!"

"Cassi, darling, if you can please give me some space." He shuffled some of the papers.

Cassi groaned again and walked towards the front door. Unfortunately for her, it would remain locked, keeping her inside. "Papa, please." She jiggled the doorknob.

"No." Aziraphale did not have to look at his daughter to know she was about to perform a miracle.

Cassi groaned again and stomped her feet until she reached the sofa. "Papa."

Aziraphale removed his glasses and turned to his daughter. "Cassiopeia, please." He stood and placed his hands on his hips. "Yes, I'm worried and yes I'm well aware it's been hours so please, just sit there quietly if you can and stop acting like a child."

"I will stop when you stop treating me like one. Tell me why dad's in hell? Who was that demon? What did they talk about? And don't tell me you don't know because I'm a hundred percent sure dad mentioned it to you."

Aziraphale shook his head and retreated towards the back of the shop. "Papa!"

"Cassi, please!" Aziraphale halted and turned around. "I don't know and that's what worries me. He only mentioned he was summoned and that's all. He did not tell me anything about what Shax talked to him about, only that...well, something to do with you and Elliot. That's all you'll know because that's all I know."

Cassi glanced at the door and back to her father. "Why can't we follow him?"

"Oh, darling girl," Aziraphale sighed and moved closer to her, "it's not that simple. I can't enter hell just like he can't enter heaven."

Cassi pondered for a moment. "But...you did...once before. Years ago and dad entered heaven months prior."

Aziraphale gently cupped Cassi's chin. "Yes, but," be sighed, "we were escorted. When I went to hell I was escorted by demons, not so nicely if I might add, and dad was taken by angels, both times. One against his will and the other, Muriel had escorted him. I'm an angel, Cassi. I cannot follow dad to hell unless I've fallen."

The room stood still as the angel tried his best to not break down in front of his daughter because if he was honest with himself, he was afraid. He had been to hell in Crowley's stead and even though everything worked out in the end, the angel was terrified through it all. Demons were tricky beings, especially when they worked together as if they were a hive. Aziraphale wanted to comfort his daughter and tell her everything was alright, and her dad would pop into the shop at any moment but that was wishful thinking.