Ineffable

"Alright." Crowley said as he walked pass Cassi when he eyed a fancy soap display. "You don't have to be rude."

Cassi rolled her eyes and decided it best for her to explore the shop, trying to get something that screamed romance, as Crowley had mentioned. "I'll look around."

"Don't stray far." Crowley said over his shoulder as he smelled the different soaps.

"I'm not a child." Cassi mumbled as she walked, keeping an eye out. She could do this. She was the epitome of love and she happened to read quite a lot of romantic literature. Her parents could do with some pointers. Although her angelic father had entertained her idea of reading something from this century and, after him fangirling over a character named Rhys, Cassi thought she might have created a monster. Regardless, a monster who had somewhat of an idea of what romance could be. Better than leaving the two of them clueless.

"It's like destiny." A voice sounded behind her, making her shift uncomfortable. "Fancy meeting you again. Small town, I blame." Cassi closed her eyes and shuddered. "Apologies, I don't mean it."

The miracle exhaled sharply, desperately seeking her voice. "What are you?" Her voice was low, and she turned slowly.

"Your dad is quite right, you are a little rude. Not even an introduction." The boy moved closer. "Elliot." He extended his hand. "In case you've forgotten." Cassi could feel her heartbeat in her palm while her ears rang with white noise. Her throat became dry and her chest heavy. Despite this, she willed her feet to move but unlike the last time, she was able to take a step to her left only to be blocked by the hazel eyed boy. She parted her lips, her mind screaming to call out for her demon father. "I've never met another nephalem quite as stunning and shimmering as you before. Trust me when I tell you you're also disgustingly overwhelming as well."

"Nep-" Her grey star-like eyes met his.

Elliot cocked his head to the side. "Nephalem. You are part angel and part demon are you not?"

Cassi gulped and basic instinct told her she needed to get away from the stranger.

"Nephalem." He repeated. "A powerful one at that. Parents must lo-" he pretended to throw up, "-ve you a little too much to make you this annoying." Elliot took her appearance in. "You reek of angelic aura, the, ugh, love thing. But there's a little demon inside you. Ever wonder what it would be like to release that part of you? Or are you ashamed of your demon father?"

"Never." She said sternly, meeting his eyes. "Leave me alone before I call him or do I have to get rid of you myself." Her grey eyes turned slightly darker, her expression foreboding.

Eliot smiled. "Now that's more like it." He growled. "But put your horns away, not here to rile you up." He circled her. "I felt you a month ago. Took me completely by surprise. I mean, I've met other nephalems but," he whistled, "not anywhere near as, how should I put it, impressive as myself." Having had enough of the stranger, Cassi began to walk away. "So how long have you been on the run for?"

She paused and turned. "Excuse me?"

"From heaven. How long have you been eluding them?" He winked. "I knew something had happened almost a hundred years ago. I felt...something and it took me a while to figure out that something was you. I was wondering when you would appear. And here you are. Heaven's new weapon against me. Don't let that fool you, they will destroy you afterwards."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh? Parents don't share much, huh?" He clicked his tongue. "My demon dad was killed by holy water when hell found out about me. Angel mom was made to watch and vowed revenge on heaven. Little it did her when they casted her off onto hell's biggest fire. Nope. Heaven and hell don't like us. We are too...much to handle."