Nightingales

Crowley knew Aziraphale could feel his sweaty palms in his and yet, the angel tightened his hold on him as his smile seemed to be as bright as the stars themselves. The demon kept staring at his angel and it wasn't until the angel gestured his chin towards his right and he felt his daughter nudge him that he finally turned and stammered.

"Vows, dad." The nephalem repeated.

Crowley nodded slowly and then shook his head as his mind caught up to what was transpiring. "Wha- me?" He looked at the angel in front of him. "Erm, no, no, yo-you can go first."

Cassi shook her head while Aziraphale encouraged his partner. "It'll be alright, dearest." He looked around the church where he saw but two witnesses: Gabriel behind him, while Beelzebub was but a few steps behind the demon. "I'm sure they are beautiful." He winked.

"Right. Right." Crowley let go of Aziraphale's hands and looked through the inner pockets of his white jacket where he found a crumpled-up piece of paper. He unraveled it as best as he could, and reminded himself it was not at all his fault he had to come up with his vows at the last minute.

Their wedding was to take place in days, not hours and thankfully for them, they managed to get some of their wedding stuff without using any type of miracles. Aziraphale was especially thankful their tailor had their wedding suits done three weeks prior. The angel decided to go with a nice black tuxedo, Victorian fashion of course, black matching vest, white button up shirt, and a black bowtie, and as Crowley put it, the angel looked quite sexy in black. Meanwhile, the demon opted for the opposite, knowing it would please his lovely angel to see him in white. Crowley wore a form-fitted white tuxedo with black buttons, complimenting the black tie around his neck, all while his hair was slicked back. The best part about their lovely outfits was that they wore matching cufflinks, a silver snake on their left sleeve and a silver angel's wing on their right.

"Dad?" Cassi whispered while Crowley read his vows to himself. "You are meant to say them out loud."

Crowley turned to his daughter. "Give me a moment." His attention went back to the paper in his hands.

Aziraphale and Cassi exchanged glances and smiled at each other. The angel nodded at his daughter, assuring her it was quite alright. He sighed contently seeing his daughter standing between them in her beautiful grey, chiffon dress with semi-transparent long sleeves and a modest V neckline that showed off the necklace they had gifted her on her birthday. Aziraphale had mentioned to Crowley how much Cassi looked like a fairy in the flowy dress, especially while her curls were pinned to the side by a silver snake on her left and a silver angel's wing on her right (she had to match them somehow), giving way to her lovely face.

The church echoed as Crowley cleared his throat. "Right." He cleared his throat once more and looked straight ahead at his soon to be husband. "We've, um, known each other for a long time. We've been on this planet for a long time. I can always rely on you...you can always rely on me. We are a team. A group. A group of the two of us since day one when we filled the sky with stars together and I wish...I wish I could recall that very moment which you have shared with me countless of times. I wish I could recall the smile you gave me, the warmth you shared with me, and the adoration we exhumed for our creation. However, what I can recall is how an angel did not shun me away on that garden wall or tried to smite me for asking questions. I also recall how that very same angel kept me grounded, kept constantly reminding me that I was more than a demon and how I was worthy of praise, care...love." He sniffed. "I am thankful to that angel for never giving up on me and never making me feel anything other than loved." The demon's voice became shaky. "I-I...I wish to forever reciprocate that love, those praises, the care and even if you grow tired of me, for whatever reason, I will still worship you until the last day of my existence." He exhaled sharply. "You once told me nothing lasts forever but...but you were wrong because the only thing that will last forever is us." He sniffed once more and took in a breath.