Introductions

Present Day

The night was still and the air had a certain chill to it. For a common human, a jumper was needed to keep warm but for two nephalems, it was another ordinary night.

Elliot tilted his head up to the night sky. "Too vast if you ask me."

"I did not."

"May I?" he asked, pointing to the telescope. Cassi moved slightly, allowing Elliot the space. The young man looked through and whistled in awe. "I wonder if you can see heaven through this."

Cassi rolled her eyes. "It's not meant for that." She pushed him away and looked through the telescope herself. "I'm feeling back to my normal self. Which means, how are you doing?"

Elliot closed his eyes, inhaled, and exhaled. "Are your pare-"

"Ah!" Cassi jumped up and waved dismissively at him. "No talking about my parents...loving each other at the moment. It's bad enough I can feel it."

Elliot chortled and looked up at the cottage where a light illuminated through an upstairs window. "How does it feel?"

"Hm," Cassi went back to her telescope, "the love between them intensifies when they are...when they are loving each other. It's both beautiful and annoying."

"Have you told them?"

"Gosh, no. My papa would probably discorporate from pure embarrassment while my dad would," she looked up at the sky and shrugged, "think it funny?"

Elliot kept his eyes on the cottage. "Is it nice to love?"

Cassi turned her attention to her guest. "It is. Quite nice, really. Sometimes it can be painful."

"Painful?"

"Love comes easily for me and so, I loved my earthly parents dearly. When they passed, it left me hollow. Left me wishing, only for a moment, I never loved them."

"And your parents?"

Cassi looked up at the cottage. "I adore them as well and I'm glad we found each other but other times," she sighed, "I think of the what ifs. What if we were separated and I never see them. They would be lost without me." She giggled at her last statement. "Was there something you needed?"

"Huh?" He turned to her.

"You texted me, you needed to talk to me about something?"

"Oh, um, yea." He scratched the back of his head. "You said your angel dad mentioned how they don't really know me enough to judge me, heaven I mean. So," he cleared his throat, "I was wondering, what if I take the chance and talk to your parents first?"

Cassi opened her mouth and immediately closed it. She looked up at the cottage and back at Elliot. "Yo-you...you want to meet my parents?"

Elliot shook his head. "Not like that. It's..." he started to pace around, "...listen..."

"Yea?" Cassi asked after Elliot looked as if he had forgotten how to speak.

"We have been researching on our own on how we can, you know, not be dead, and why not ask guidance from the two beings that have been there since the beginning."

Cassi snorted. "My parents didn't even know of our existence until my papa became supreme archangel."

"Exactly."

Cassi shook her head slightly. "Exactly? What do you mean exactly?"

"He has access to heaven's files and therefore he ca-"

"Let me stop you right there. In no capacity will my dad allow him to go back to heaven. Not even to go snoop around and, may I remind you, he is no longer supreme archangel. And I don't believe heaven will let him waltz in after he basically told the Metatron to piss off."