Alekses cocked her head and looped her finger around the collar Xhenia seemed to have forgotten was there. She pulled the woman close after she stepped away and glared down at her.

"Who the hell are you yelling at," she growled. "I'm trying to be patient. Don't make it run thin."

She pulled Xhenia to the bed and threw her on it.

"It's the afternoon, and you missed breakfast. Eat," she instructed while pointing at the tray. "I'll be back before dinner."

She walked to the door, turning before she left, and said, "I'll deal with you when I get back."

She didn't shut the door when she left since she had told Xhenia that she could roam the house. If she gets used to her surroundings, this won't happen again.

Before leaving, Alekses opened all the doors in the house, except for the front and back, and locked her office.

With the door opened, Xhenia could hear when Alekses left and pushed the tray away when she did.

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled and curled under the blanket Alekses laid out for her.

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but they would reopen and land on the open door. Can I really leave without supervision?

She was sure Alekses had really left, but what if she hadn't? Alekses wouldn't say anything she didn't mean, right? She wouldn't.

Getting up from the bed, Xhenia fixed the blanket and tiptoed to the door. She poked her head out and looked around. No one was there, so she stepped out of the room.

She looked around the bleak hallway and saw three other doors open, but the last one was closed.

I guess that's the forbidden room.

She walked into the first room. She could tell it was a guest room since there was a bed, a chair, and a dresser. The basic setup for a guest. The closet was empty, of course, and so were the drawers.

She left the room and moved to the next.

It was a bathroom.

It was bleak as well. Nothing was in it except the basic necessities, floor mats, and a shower curtain.

Is this not the bathroom she uses?

Leaving the bathroom, she walked into the last open room and was hit with the strong smell of Alekses.

She really loves black.

Everything in her room was black. The floor tiles, the bed, the mirror, the dresser, the chair in the corner, and even the rug under the bed. All of it was black and looked very soft to Xhenia.

"Paws," she whispered after spotting the pup asleep in the middle of the bed. Paws lifted his head, yawned, and laid back down.

This made her chuckle. He's so cute. "He's gotten bigger."

Leaving him to sleep, Xhenia opened the door on the right and walked into another bathroom.

It's all black again.

The only difference between this bathroom and the other was the shower and bathtub were separate in Alekses' bathroom. This one was black, and that one was white.

"My bathroom is a replica of this one, but in blue," Xhenia mumbled, touching the marble countertop.

What soap does she use?

She walked to the shower and opened its doors.

It's not in English.

After the discovery, she left the bathroom and opened the door on the left side of the room. It was Alekses' closet.

It was mainly filled with dress clothes. She had lounge clothes, but they were scarce. Under her clothes were her shoes. Like the clothes, the majority of them were dress shoes.

Xhenia ran her hands over the clothes and grabbed a shirt. She lifted the ends of her dress and took it off, replacing it with the dress shirt.

The shirt reached mid-thigh for her.

Satisfied with the shirt, she ran to Alekses' bed and got under her comforter.

It's really warm.

So warm.

The unknown comfort of the swiftly pulled Xhenia from consciousness, and she was fast asleep in Alekses' bed.

"Alekses, you've been looking at your phone since we sat. Is everything okay?"

Alekses looked up at her mother figure and nodded with a grin.

"Everything is fine, Mama."

Who's your favorite so far?
Alekses
Amie
Amy
Ona
Xhenia