Day 38 - You Going to Have to Trust Me

BENNETT'S POINT OF VIEW:

I cannot believe this!

I cannot believe that I made it to the final three! It is an absolutely incredible and surreal feeling that I don't think I am yet to come to terms with!

That challenge required so much focus and so much mental energy, I was seriously unsure if I would make it through due to all the exhaustion I have been experiencing.

But today's challenge isn't the only challenge I'll be facing today. The other is, who am I going to take with me to the final three, where they too will have a chance to plead their case to the jury.

I feel horrible about the Erika situation last Tribal Council, and I definitely want to take her. I want to make it up to her, but at the same time, I think I can beat her.

But what I really need, is her trust. Because she may not cooperate with me in taking out who I want to take out tonight. Because it needs to be a three to one vote, or else it's a tie. So there has to be a unanimous agreement and I don't want Erika getting all stubborn.

So my decision comes down to Mora and Harrison.

Mora, this firecracker of a personality. Has an incredible strategic and social game that could easily beat anyone at the end. She has fought an uphill battles being on several minorities, and not being necessarily liked. But that can be a good reason to take her,  no one likes her. They may all just be bitter towards her because she is Mora and people will over look the entire game she has played

Then there is Harrison. He was the underdog that fought his way back in. He is the only remaining person from his alliance, but has slid so well into our game, that we no longer viewed him as a competitor but our own ally. He has many friends on the jury which could be a big no-no when choosing someone to take to the end. But Harrison has been awfully quiet this game, until recent. He was the sheep of his alliance, he never really had to play the game because he had strength like Jonathan and Leon in his alliance. As long as he obeyed their instruction, he was safe. It was until we took away everyone on his side that he started to analyze the game and the people left. 

So what to do, what to do?

On the surface, Mora looks like the better pick to take out because of the strong and upfront game she has played, but honestly, I have this burning gut feeling that Harrison needs to go. I have this feeling like the jury will only focus on the positives with Harrison because they are is his friend and they won't view the negatives in his game.

When we arrive back at camp, there is the exhausting realization that someone needs to go. No one seems to be in the mood to discuss tactics or even think about Tribal Council. No one wants to end someone's journey a day before it ends. 

Except Mora of course, she has already taken me aside to deliberate on tonight's decision

"Okay man of the hour, we're taking out Harrison, mhm?" Mora asks, but she won't take no for an answer

"Yeah, of course" I say without hesitation

"Well, good. Let's go final three whoop!" Mora cheers

"I'm going to need to talk to Erika though" I tell her, "because her and Harrison could just team up and vote for you. Then it'd be a tie and you'd actually have to make fire for once"

I can sense the worry in her eyes. A sudden twitch of horrid realization

"Well, you don't have time to lose, do you?" Mora ushers me away and I go on and seek Erika.

HARRISON'S POINT OF VIEW:

The most heart-breaking thing about losing that challenge, was that Bennett won.