DAY 30 - What Now?

NIGHT 29

COURTNEY'S POINT OF VIEW:

Well wasn't that Tribal Council super uncomfortable!

I felt so awkward when Leon was walking out, because I could feel Mora and Harrison's hatred. Although Harrison briefly forgave me, I can sense he still has a deep feeling of resentment.

My reasoning for voting Leon was because I am thinking short-term. I don't know if anyone is really telling the truth when they say they will bring me to the end because I think they're lying, especially Bennett. 

My choice was made to help me win. I thought about it a lot and ran through all the possibilities. My idea is a far fetched one, but what else can I do. My chances of getting to the end are close to nothing but my plan will help me get there

My plan is to do serious damage control with Harrison, and maybe Mora. I will test Bennett and see how loyal he really is. He promised me, he would vote Kate out one day, so I plan on flipping back to Harrison and using him and Bennett to vote out Kate. Hopefully voting out Kate will be a good thing for Kate, because she is obsessed about getting her out. 

So this risky idea could get me a step ahead in this game, because I will not give up on the chance of getting to the end. I had one goal in mind when coming out here, and that was to walk out with a million dollars, and I feel like this plan could lead up to that moment

Arriving back at camp was also awkward to say the least. I knew people would be mad, but I also knew some would be extremely happy with me. Naturally, I'd surround myself around the positive and inviting people, but I need to be making an effect on those I have left behind, if I wish to re-align with them. Although, I feel Harrison is so lost without Leon now he will be desperate to attach himself to anyone else

It is dark when we get back to camp. It is also extremely cold and the tide is so high, some of our belongings have been saturated. Harrison looks up at the sky and predicts rain will be arriving to us shortly, so we should probably prepare for the worst.

I scurry under the shelter and try escape the mess of the storms beginning. The tribe rushes around trying to get all our equipment in a safe and sound place that it won't get to ruined.

Almost on cue, the first sign of lightning cracks through the dark sky. It illuminates everything is a quick wash of colour, leaving our eyes unadjusted to the darkness. The thunders roars shortly afterwards, it is now that everyone drops everything they hold and sprint under the shelter. Like a recipe made to perfection, the rain comes on down. But it pours and buckets down, saturating everything in its wake

It's a long night ahead, no one can get to sleep and no one can stop thinking.

DAY 30

ERIKA'S POINT OF VIEW:

The rain finally stopped. It is early morning and the rain finally came to a hault. Hours sitting on my bum, in the shelter, not sleeping, drenched in water, tired and emotional.

My hands and fingers a water logged and it feels like it could take days for them to return to normal. My hair is one big damp dread-lock. My clothes you can't even call clothes anymore. There are a mess of dirty material covering my body.

As the rain comes to its end, no one even thinks about moving. Although we need to asses the damage of our camp, everyone is to cold, tired and miserable to move. It is especially worse after a tough Tribal Council where we had to send Leon home. Now there is an awkward division in the tribe and it is very uncomfortable.

Kate makes the first move and steps out of our bamboo and palm fern shelter. She steps into a huge puddle and laughs at how miserable we are living.