Verkwan 🤍 Special

Verkwan 🤍
University Au
Hurt & Comfort
Long chapter on the way ☝️

————
Seungkwan was panting too hard as tears fell off his face "I just want to have a normal life ... is that too hard to ask?"
Seungkwan mumbled to himself, his back against the wall as he struggled to breathe.
With shaky hands, he reached out for his inhaler and dearly held onto it, he didn't want to use it anymore but he had to.
He placed it his mouth and took a deep breath, he coughed harshly for a bit and wiped away his tears and stood up.

He sighed, he was moving from one hospital ward to another since he was 8 years old.
He hated living like this and being sick all the time. His friends stopped visiting him a long time ago and his parents were busy making money to afford his treatments and he was just so sick of everything.

He couldn't physically attend his classes, everything was virtual and everything was tasteless ... the food, the air, the hospital room so white and colorless.
He wasn't allowed to go outside much, he couldn't even attend his grandmother's funeral fearing that he might catch a virus or an infection in crowded places.

He was tired but resting all day, doctors kept coming up with fancy names to diagnose his condition but nothing really made sense to him ... he just wanted to break free.

Either leave or end it all

And before he decided to end it all, he decided to leave.

His parents got a phone call later that very same afternoon «We can't find Seungkwan» they simply said thinking that he was probably playing hide and seek with them and went back home to his parents but they were soon shocked by Seungkwan's mother screaming and his dad threatening to sue them if something ever happened to their boy.

Seungkwan was gone.

He left the hospital on his own and no one could trace his steps. He was smart enough to know all the blind spots in the place, giving the fact that he spent years in this hospital already, he knew everyone and memorized it like the back of his own hands.

He was crying rivers but had to do it.
He knew that it wasn't fair to his parents or his doctors, they've been trying to help him for far too long but he didn't want their help anymore.

He eyed his inhaler by the bedside table and hesitated if he should take it or not and eventually decided that ... it's probably not worth it anymore and left it there, like a final goodbye as he emptied his small cabinet and took his belongings and ... left.

He took the first bus he found and just went wherever it took him.

He sat somewhere on a bench, he breathed in the cold air hitting his face and playing along his hair.
For the first time in his life, he felt ... free
For the first time in his life he felt ... calm

Leaving everything behind was maybe too much, he thought about his parents too much but he needed this, he needed to break free from the illness.

From across the road, he could see a small restaurant coffee / flower shop.
Seungkwan eyed the place for having such vivid colors and lively ambiance, something he missed dearly.