Joshua

He was coughing for a while now standing alone in the washroom by the sink. He felt his throat on fire and his body shake with every coughing fit.

He tried to take a deep breath but couldn't find it in his lungs to take it in. He leaned over the sink for yet another fit and this time, he could feel his heart pounding so bad and head starting to spin.

He didn't even hear him come in but only felt his gentle hand over his back and he was startled. The reflection from the mirror was rather reliving though, Jeonghan was standing by his side with a worried expression over his face.

"Breathe Shua" Jeonghan coed patting Joshua's back until he calmed down a little still too confused and in pain

"Shua what happened?" But Joshua was too disoriented to reply trying to catch his breaths panting badly. Jeonghan tried to take him outside to get some air and motioned Dokyeom who was in the hallway to bring him a bottle of water which he did a while later.

Jeonghan had Joshua sitting on a bench right outside for some air. Joshua's face was all shades of pink and obviously having a tough time taking a deep breath

"Hey, calm down it's okay ... here" he passed him the bottle of water Dokyeom brought which he was more than grateful to take and sipped a few times on it until his breaths calmed down and he began to breathe normally again.

"What happened Shua?" Dokyeom kneeled in front of him. Joshua had a hand over his throat and the other still holding the bottle of water. He felt it going on fire and badly scratched, he cursed himself for his weak stamina

"I think I caught a cold" ... "My throat really hurst"
Joshua said and it made DK and Jeonghan frown get deeper. His voice was barely above a paper sanded whisper, all hoarse and strained

"Oh baby" Jeonghan felt so bad for the other and continued to rub soothing patterns over his back "It's a bad one isn't it? You should probably see a doctor"

Joshua was still shaking a little from that coughing fit he just had, it was rather unexpected and too harsh leaving him breathless for a long while, he felt physically and mentally exhausted.
Taking DK's hand, they slowly made it back to their waiting room. They sat him down on the couch and gave him a warm blanket when he said he was feeling suddenly cold.
Just some time later, the manager picked it him to get a checkup at the clinic.

Joshua coughed harshly again that night, Jeonghan, DK, Seungkwan and Woozi by his side. The entire vocal team knew just how difficult it must be to have his voice gone like this, Joshua looked tired and his eyes had a shade of reddish color underneath them. He was laying in bed since he got home from the hospital, everyone was home by then.

Jeonghan placed his palm over Joshua's forehead for the hundredth time and sighed with frown and worry "It's not breaking Shua, your fever is quite strong" he looked down at Joshua with softness, the boy's breaths were shallow and deep, he barely could talk for a long time and the doctor ordered him not to strain his vocal cords any longer.
"You should rest, try and get some sleep?" Joshua nodded but he knew it was easier said than done.

Joshua tried to get some sleep but needless to say he wasn't able to get enough rest. He was tossing and turning around uncomfortably while his body clammy and hot. He whined at every touch and was too sensitive, he just wanted to be left alone.

Dokyeom helped him freshen up, splashing some cold water over his face and arms and changing into something more comfortable. Jeonghan wan on the phone with Seungcheol who joined them a while later with his friend, he was doctor and honestly, the leader trusted him more than the random doctor Joshua saw earlier that day.

Joshua tensed up a lot while being checked up "Sensitive aren't you?" Seungcheol's friend pointed out with a smile "It's okay, you'll feel better soon" he reassured booking Joshua on an IV drip and a bit of a strong antibiotic
"You need to eat well though, it's a bit strong so you need to get nutrition"

Jeonghan brought the bowl of hot soup and some side dishes to Joshua for the second time that day, he refused it earlier but now with the doctor was making sure that he ate well, Joshua was a bit more open to have more but too weak and uncomfortable with almost everything and everyone.

"Just be patient with him he's a bit sensitive and I don't blame him, his condition is just too irritating" the doctor said once Joshua was finally calming down and getting some rest. He was finally getting some sleep, the antibiotics were a bit too strong and he woke up complaining of a stomachache but at least his fever was breaking and his throat wasn't as swollen as before. He sat again and Seungkwan helped him eat a little more.
Even though he really wasn't in the mood, Joshua silently ate what he could and went back to sleep.

Seungcheol sighed and looked for Jeonghan who was cleaning around the living room a little while the others were silently sitting in their rooms just giving Joshua the space he needed.

"Hey"
Jeonghan looked up to meet his lead "Thank you Seungcheol really, I was really worried"

"Don't mention it, I just want to make sure he gets better that's all"

Jeonghan nodded
"I'll just clean up here and stay with him, the others seem quiet"

"I'll stay too, do you need anything?"

Jeonghan nodded with a smile

—————
Requested by faridachashmaa