promise..

The autumn is now long gone, welcoming the winter, a thick shroud of white has covered everything , the birds have migrated , leaving behind a string of longing and love. The winter is so cold that no one dares to go out without long fur coats and knee length boots, in the quietness of winter, the droplets of water shingling while running down the roof.

I am done with my work, said the guy turning to the man who was reading the book.

Really, you haven't left it incomplete, right, the man asked back looking at the youth lying in the blanket.

I am not, I have completed it, I always complete my tasks, the youth answered with a hint of arrogance and proudness.

Hyuk, are you sure, you completed it? The general asked again.

Yes, yes, yes, I completed it, Hyuk said pulling the blanket up his body.

Now, recite the poem for me, Hyuk said.

What poem.. The General asked confused.

Did you forget, you promised to recite your favorite poem for me. Hyuk asked with a hint of shock.

Ohh, that one, that's really long, it will take a lot of time, let's do that some other day, why don't you just sleep for sometime, the General said with a sincere smile.

No, recite it to me, Hyuk whined.

Hyuk, some other time please , The General said lovingly.

No, I have to hear it today, today today, Hyuk said.

Hyuk please...

No , read it to me, read, read, read, read, Hyuk said hugging the General's back and started shaking him.

Okay, okay, come here, don't do that, The General said.

Why are you so stubborn, why don't you listen to me, The General said adjusting Hyuk in his lap.

Didn't I listen to you and started studying, I do it everyday, when did I not listen to you, Hyuk asked.

You just did one thing but in exchange of that how many things have you said no to and you also make me di whatever you want . The General said.

You asked for a big thing, I ask for little little things, in comparison to the thing you asked me to do you have to listen to me your whole life, Hyuk said laying comfortably in his chest.

You are such a cunning boy, but it's okay your highness, I will listen to you all my life...

Okay, then read me the poem now..

The General was about to start reciting the poem for his precious one when a knock came from the door.

Who is it, The General asked.

My Lord, it's the Royal messenger from the palace. The Eunuch answered.

wait .. The General said and looked at Hyuk.

Hyuk, get up and go now, the General said to Hyuk.

Why would I, tell him to come later, it's my time now, Hyuk protested.

no Hyukie, please leave for now, I promise, I will read the poem to you later okay, my good boy, the General said in an endearing voice.

Okay fine, Hyuk said giving an annoyed look and came out of the Chamber and walked straight to the servant quarters, getting there he saw jin-He sitting alone.

Ohh, what a surprise, our Hyukie is back today before sunset. Jin-He said.

Yeah, I don't know, someone from palace came to talk to him, I don't know what's the problem of those people. Hyuk answered sitting in front of her.