episode 6 worthless

After serving the food to the General, Hyuk got up and bowed to everyone before he gave a death glare to the General and left with light footsteps, coming out of the chamber, he looked up the bright sun shining in the sky and went back to the kitchen.

After helping the maids with some trivial work he got up to take a walk ,when he saw jin-He near the wall, he ran towards her and held her hand,

Noona, come sit with me , I wanna talk to you, Hyuk said pouting.

What happened little baby, jin-He asked as she sat down with Hyuk.

You remember I told you about a friend somedays ago.. Hyuk asked.

Hmm, I remember, what happened, did you talk to him yet, what did he say, jin-He asked.

I talked to him but he said he doesn't want to play with me anymore and he even said he was not in the mood to talk to me while he talked fine with everyone else, noona why do you think he said that, what should I do now,Hyuk asked dejected.

Hmm , if you believe me just ignore that person, don't look at him , don't talk to him and don't listen what he says, treat him like an invisible person, jin-He said.

Huh, but if I do that won't we get more and more farther from each other, Hyuk asked.

No fool, if that person really sees you as a friend and values you then he would be very restless because of your behavior and ask for your forgiveness and will become your best friend but if that person doesn't value you then he would not even notice you not talking to him and that means you are worthless to that person and if that happens you will never talk to that person again because friendship comes from two sides and if a person does not value you then they are not worth your time and affection, okay. Jin-He explained patiently.

Okay, I will try it noona, thank you , Hyuk said smiling at jin-He.

Okay, but do tell me how he reacts so that i can tell you what to do next, okay.. Jin-He said and got up with Hyuk to go inside.

Hyuk helped jin-He with her chores till late at evening and after then like every moonlit night it was time for Hyuk to take dinner for the General, he sighed and took the dinner for General, like every time he knocked got in , served the food but the only thing that was not usual this time was that Hyuk didn't even take a little glance at General, he didn't even wait a moment there or said anything , hoping that the General would notice his unusual behavior till he closed the door behind him, sighing outside as he walked back sadly, he thought.

Maybe he would notice it tomorrow, Hyuk gave himself hope and went to sleep in the hope that he would be noticed by the cruel General in the morning.

But unfortunately things didn't go as Hyuk had thought they would, one day of ignoring the General became a week but he never noticed anything wrong with Hyuk, he won't look at him or say even a word to him , at first Hyuk thought it was okay and he would be noticed but as the days pass he loses his hope and now he finally comes to a realization after a week.

He didn't mean anything to the General that he was worthless in his eyes. As the realization hits him, he breaks into tears he could not hold it in anymore, it breaks his heart to think he was the only one invested in this few days of friendship so in the heat of the moment he walks straight to Jin-He and tells her everything that had happened, while crying.

Jin-He patted his head lovingly, softly wiping his tears ,she asked..

Is that kid a servant here or is he from a rich family outside the palace..

Hmm, he is a rich person, Hyuk said.

Hyuk, are you serious , don't you know we are the servants who were bought for a few silver coins, we are the lowest class and those upper class people will never make us their friends, they do everything for their benefit for e.g just look at our General, he married the daughter of the one of the most powerful families of the nation, his friends are all those nobles with a lot of money and power even his eunuch is from a reputable family, they only talk with those of noble birth, they treat us servants like the dirt on the soles of their boots, they will never look at us, let alone make friends with us, Hyukie this world is more cruel than you think ,for nobles we are not even humans, they sees us as mere insects which can bought for a few silver coins, you should not get involved with them. Jin-He said and left trying not to cry in front of Hyuk.

So he thinks of me like that too , a mere insect who can be bought with a few silver coins, if he doesn't think of us as humans then how can he think he is a human himself, till now I thought demons were the enemies of humans but today I got to know that nobles are actually the enemies of a human, Hyuk thought as a feeling of disgust crept over his whole body.

The day went by but Hyuk could not get those things jin-He said to him out of his mind, the night fell , the night insects started making crooked noises, the sky was ashen black as the moon hid in the clouds but Hyuk could not get a wink of sleep he kept thinking and thinking about the words jin-He had said to him in the evening, the more he thought the more he felt disgusted with all these nobles especially the General, thinking about all the things the night came to an end and at the break of the dawn Hyuk fell asleep.

....

When Hyuk woke up again, he looked outside and found it was not morning anymore, the sun was shining bright in the sky, it was already afternoon. Hyuk got up and ran to the kitchen and saw everyone relaxed and happier then the usual, jin-He was at the side chitchatting with some maids, HYUK walked to her and said.

Noona, why didn't you wake me up in the morning, who took the General's breakfast to him and where is the lunch, why are you sitting here,

Hyuk, don't worry, calm down you don't need to worry about anything today, a messanger from the high palace came early in the morning today, summoning the General, so he went there, we don't know when he will come back, last time he was summoned he came back after a year who knows how much it will take now. Jin-He explained sitting back relaxed.

Oh okay, thank God, Hyuk said and sat besides jin-He.

Well, do you guys know what happened the time General was on the battle .. A maid said enthusiastically.

What did he do.. Asked another maid curiously.

He cut off the head of a three year old kid in front of the dead body of his parents with his sword.. The maid said..

Wh... What.. Hyuk asked terrified.

Yes, don't you know Hyuk, the General is really merciless and cruel, I heard he killed people like anything in the southern Region, my husband said he even stepped on the mountain of corpses and killed every single one of the tribal people, leaving the tribes lands soaked with blood. He is a terrible person. The maid said shrugging in horror.

Noona, Hyuk looked at Jin-He, who just shook her head in disgust and looked at Hyuk.

See, I told you to stay away from these pretentious nobles, they are monsters and the biggest monster of them all is the General, what she said is true, he is cruel and heartless person. He can kill anyone. He even killed the woman carrying children in their wombs, he killed countless unborn and newborn children.

He.... He is disgusting.. Hyuk said as he felt sick listening to the words of that maid.

______________________________________

Hi lovelies, hope you all are good and enjoyed this chapter.

Do comment and vote.

Bye-Bye, take care, love you.

🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️