Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Goodbye Night

Sage

The soft glow of the bedside lamp had cast a warm hue across the room, comforting the sorrow that I was feeling at that moment as I nestled in closer to Blue, feeling the rhythm of his steady heartbeat against my cheek was the comfort that I was in dire need of right now. Our limbs were entwined, and I traced lazy circles on his chest with my fingers. He leaves tomorrow morning and has to catch a flight back to Nashville because the internet has gone wild for him like he's the new trend. Daniel, now not only my mother's manager but also Blue's had wanted to get a start on putting some of Blue's music out there. I was super excited for him, but my excitement didn't and couldn't dull the heaviness that I felt in my heart right now, I know it was ridiculous to feel like this because it wasn't like he was going forever, he was only leaving for a few weeks. Daniel had told him it would be an everyday thing, that the harder Blue works the quicker that he will get to come home.

'I'm going to miss this.' Blue whispered, his voice carrying a mixture of affection and reflecting what I was feeling.

'Me too.' I told him, my words muffled against his chest, I refuse to let go of him right now, 'Daniel said four and a half weeks, right? That feels like an eternity.' I all but wined a complaint.

'I'll call you every day, I promise.' He whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of my head and I took so much comfort in the sweet gesture.

'You better.' I retorted, lifting my head to meet my eyes with his, A small smile played on his lips at my response.

'Are you going to stay out of trouble?' He asked, cupping my face and smoothing my hair behind my ears.

'I don't get in trouble.' I defended.

'Darlin, trouble has followed you all summer.' He smirked, maybe he was right I had gotten myself into way more fights and arguments this summer than I had in my entire life.

'Yeah.' I drawled out. 'This summer hasn't helped my defence, but you know me Blue Mercer I don't like trouble.' I sent him a smile, one that only an angel would send. My playfulness aside, I was being honest, I hated all the drama, and just like Blue's previous statement, it's been all over me since the beginning of summer, or maybe the end of last summer.

'Just ease my mind for me and promise that if you're going the bonfire, or anywhere that there's drunks you make sure Mickey is with you.' He pleaded, the beg was swirling in those captivatingly chocolate eyes that bore back into mine.

'Okay, I promise.' I agreed, I didn't want him to worry about me when he needed to be focused on his music, his future, and the career that was hanging from his fingertips. He leaned in, placing a quick peck on my lips before pulling me back to his chest and tucking my head under his chin. His palms smoothed over my hair before settling his hand against my neck, his thumb settling into an almost repetitive back-and-forth motion along my jaw. I hated that he was leaving but I absolutely love that he was finally getting his dream, a dream he has had since way before I had even met him.

'Do you remember the song you sang for me, the first night you snuck in through the window?' I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

'You want me to play it for you, don't you?' He asked, and I glanced up at him to see a knowing smile on his lips.

'Would you?' I asked, a mixture of vulnerability and anticipation in my eyes. It was my favourite song he had ever played for me, there was something in the way he sang it that I just knew the words he was singing meant something to him.

'Every time, remember?' He grinned at me, and I couldn't help the small laugh that past my lips as he repeated the same words that he had said to me the night he first played it, when I asked him if I was to ask him to play the song to me every night would he?