Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

Conflicted Pain

Blue

I stood there, staring at her, the words hanging heavy in the air between us. I was drowning in her tears it was fucking suffocating me to watch her cry, to see that pain in her green eyes. Anger flared within me, a hot and volatile emotion that burned through my veins while frustration twisted my gut into knots, yet again I was in over my head without one fucking clue on how to handle this mess.

'I'm tired.' Her voice cracked with her resignation as she pushed past me.

'Sage.' I called out for her, making a move to chase her, to stop her from running from me only to stop with Mickey as he placed himself between me and her, blocking me from getting to my girl, from comforting her.

'Let her go, give her time to calm down.' He pressed a palm into my chest, pushing me back and away from the direction she was running in.

'Sage.' I yelled for her; my eyes focused on nothing but her as she disappeared into her house. The sight had pain hitting me hard, a deep ache that resonated from my chest to the pit of my stomach. She had been carrying our child, and I had been oblivious, how could I have not noticed that something was wrong? How was she running from me when it wasn't just her pain; it was mine too, and she hadn't given me the chance to share that burden with her, to ease her pain like I was supposed to, like I wanted to?

'She needs time.' Mickey brought my attention back to him, was he fucking serious right now?

'Don't fucking tell me what she needs, like you fucking know a damn fucking thing.' I swatted at his hand to remove his hold on me.

'Just because you're pissed don't take it out on me.' He fired back.

'Pissed?' I scoffed, I wasn't pissed I was fucking outraged, with everything, with Lloyd, with her, with my fucking self. With everything she had just said, she had a miscarriage and didn't tell me, she had been carrying that weight all on her own, shit I had fucking proposed to her and got no fucking answer and he is standing here telling me I'm pissed?

'Brother, she's hurting she just needs to be given some time to deal with the pain she's feeling.' He reasoned like he had knowledge of why she was crying, of why she had fucking run from me.

'You fucking knew about the pregnancy.' I accused with venom, the fact that he knew and didn't fucking tell me had cut like a knife slicing through the trust I thought was shared on both fucking ends. 'She told you but not fucking me?' I fired; I was outraged before but now I was fucking out of my mind crazy with a need for release. Fuck! He kept that shit from me, and She kept that shit from me, she fucking told him before telling me?

'Calm the fuck down, she didn't tell me. Violet called me and told me Sage was fucking bleeding out, so I rushed over and took her to the hospital.' He cut through my rage with his words, freezing my anger into a silent submission.

'Wait, what?' I exclaimed, confusion and the whole damn thing didn't make any sense to me. when the fuck had she been bleeding? This was fucked so fucking fucked.

'I got the call from Violet, I rushed over, and Violet met me on the porch, she told me Sage was pregnant, but something was wrong and that it was bad.' He explained, arms flailing out in the space between us with each damn word, 'I wasn't prepared for when I entered her room, there was blood everywhere, a fucking lot of it. So, I took her to the hospital and I waited for hours.' He filled me in on the part of the story that I had been missing, she had been through all this, and I was where? I was doing what? 'When she walked back into that waiting room, she was broken. Shit, she was so fucking broken that it broke me. She made me promise and swear to her that I wasn't going to tell you. She wanted to be the one to do it, she was waiting for you to come home.'