Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Marlene Mercer overload

Sage

I spent the morning lounging around the house with Violet, the two of us stuffing our faces as we watched multiple episodes of Grey's Anatomy while Uncle Wade slept in late, he had gotten home last night around three in the morning after handing off the closing of the bar to a member of his staff. We made him some breakfast and he downed like four cups of coffee before he headed out to pick up groceries and something about checking on a delivery that he was expecting at the bar today. I had taken a shower and gotten myself dressed in a pair of jeans a V-neck brown t-shirt and my old black boots, while Violet chattered away about how she was expecting mine and Blue's first date to go tonight. She was so invested that she had even suggested that he was going to do something crazy like take me to Tennessee in order to see a concert or something. She was dreaming and dreaming big, and I was much calmer with more realistic expectations of something simple, I was a simple girl, and the big and extravagant dates weren't something that I was into, it just wasn't my kind of thing.

'How am I supposed to choose your outfit if he never gave you any hints about where he was going to take you, or what you guys would be doing?' Violet let out as she rummaged through my wardrobe, making the biggest mess on my bed as she tossed items from my wardrobe onto the duvet.

'I'm perfectly capable of choosing my own outfit.' I reminded her as I took in my reflection in the mirror, light make-up but perfect for an afternoon with Marlene Mercer.

'No, you can't, you might need to reschedule with Marlene and stay to figure this out?' she let out exasperatedly as I turned to face her. She was all but freaking out over my date with Blue way more than I was.

'Look I'll just wear something casual, a pair of jeans and a cute top.' I tried to reason but this was Violet, the girl that was impossible to reason with. If she had something in mind, she couldn't for the life of her let it go until she had solved the puzzle.

'it's your first date, you have to make an effort.' She encouraged, her eyes shifting through my closet with determination before she stilled. 'Oh my god this one.' she clapped her hands together before turning back around to face me revealing the solid yellow eyelet summer dress that my Mom had bought me before she had left on tour, it was yellow, embroidered with a low v-cut neck and ruffled shoulders.

'Yellow?' I asked, the dress was absolutely beautiful, but I never actually planned to wear it because of the colour, yellow wasn't a colour I would usually choose to wear.

'it's a soft yellow, it would look perfect against your brown hair and green eyes.' She encouraged pushing away my uncertainty to wear the dress.

'You don't think it would be too much? I don't even know where he is taking me.' I asked, feeling a little sceptical about the outfit.

'Definitely not, look at it this way you always wear summer dresses when we go out at night, just because of the colour of this one is yellow doesn't make it different from anything else you wear.' She reasoned and she was right, even with the uncertainty I felt about wearing the outfit she had picked I reluctantly agreed to do so because if I didn't, we would spend hours in here until she found something to appease her.

'Fine, I'll wear the dress. Now you can hang out here if you want but I've got to get over to Blues because I'm already two hours later than Marlene was expecting me.' I told her, searching for my phone underneath the pile of clothes on my bed before exiting the room.

'Make sure you text me updates, and call me when you get home tonight.' she let out as I quickly grabbed my grandma's recipe books from the kitchen.

'Yeah, I promise you're the first person I'm going to call.' I laughed, amused at the intensity of her investment in me and Blue.