Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Teasing Blue

Sage

The crackling bonfire painted dancing shadows on the faces around me, casting a warm, amber glow across the field. I leaned against a rough log alongside Violet, my fingers tracing circles on the side of the red plastic cup that I held. The distinct twang of the guitar reached my ears as Blue played around with the instrument from his spot perched on a makeshift bench. His fingers moved effortlessly over the strings as he picked up the rhythm of a new song as he played an old rap with a country melody. Transforming Lil Troy's song Wanna be a baller, into something entirely unexpected and a grin crept onto my lips as I watched him. His tousled hair caught the flicker of the fire's light as his husky voice joined the plucking of the strings. The fusion of genres was oddly enchanting, turning the urban beat into a unique rustic blend. I took a sip from my cup, the cold liquor a refreshing contrast to the warmth of the fire. The night air carried the scent of burning wood and as the music filled the space around us, I found myself closing my eyes, letting Blues country-infused rap songs wash over me. The lyrics that were once rapid and urban now told a tale of a different kind. The unexpected beauty of the moment all but soothed me, and I found myself humming along. When the final chords resonated throughout the air, my peers erupted into applause for Blue in the form of hoots and whistles. I opened my eyes, joining in the celebration with a laughter of pride for the boy that I called mine.

'Get 'em, baby.' I called as I met Blue's gaze, a light laugh falling from his lips as his eyes lit up with a shining smile my way.

'I got that entire thing on video.' Violet beamed beside me, but my attention was solely on the boy a short distance away as he beckoned me over with a gentle tilt of his head, a silent invitation for me to come to him.

'Send me it.' I mindlessly replied, rising to my feet as I crossed the small distance to Blue. 'That was something.' I praised him, sipping the remainder of my cup as he propped the instrument from the floor to the log that he sat on.

'Darlin, you are what I'd call something.' he shamelessly roamed his eyes the length of my body, adding effect to his flirtatious comment.

'Ain't too bad yourself cowboy.' I retorted, a playful smirk tugging his lips as he reached out, his fingers grasping onto my waist in order to tug me into the spot between his legs.

'How do you feel about public make-out sessions?' He smirked up at me, his question bringing amusement to my lips.

'Depends on who I'm making out with.' I replied playfully.

'That so?' His fingers teased gentle squeezes to my hips. 'And who is it that you want to make out with Darlin?' he asked, the amusement his eyes held fully captivating me.

'I don't know, there's quite a pick here tonight.' I playfully teased.

'Oh yeah?' He raised a brow, his fingers digging gently into my side as he tickled me, drawing a squeal of laughter from my chest before he tugged me down and onto his lap. I couldn't contain my smile as he snaked one arm around my waist with a chuckle, his free hand coming up to cup my face as he gently guided my lips to his, his soft lips so delicately molding with mine. That sweet calming feeling that I get every single time he touches me enveloped me in warmth as I kissed him back, my eyelids fluttering shut as he parted my lips with a euphoric motion of his tongue, I gave him the access he had silently requested and with a hunger of my own I darted my tongue out, needing to feel as much of him as I possibly could get.

A jealous spill of secrets

Blue

I took a drag from the cigarette between my fingers, The ember of the flickering bonfire setting a sight for my eyes as I watched Sage and Violet in their element dancing across the field like no one was around. She was lost in laughter as she sang along to the music playing from one of the parked trucks.