Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Blue afterglow

Sage

I stirred in the warmth of the morning light, feeling the soft sheets wrapped around me. The memories of me and Blue last night flooded back and wrapped me up in the most heartwarming flutter to my chest, and a smile tugged at my lips. His arm, strong and reassuring, was draped over me, pulling me closer and I could melt all over again as he placed a single kiss on the top of my head before he carefully slid his arms from around me, the action forcing my eyes to open to see him scooting out of the bed.

'Blue.' I reached for him, and the warmth that he took with him. I was tired, completely drained after the night we had.

'Morning beautiful.' He whispered, his voice a gentle murmur as he leaned over placing another delicately single kiss, only this time to my cheek. 'Sleep, I didn't mean to wake you.'

'Where are you going?' I asked through the haze of my sleepy state.

'I've got to get ready for work, you should sleep it's early and we were up late.' He flashed a devilish smirk my way.

'We were.' I agreed with a sleepy acknowledgment, unable to hide the smile that tugged on my lips. Hell, I wasn't even going to try to hide it as I watched him pick up his strewn jeans from the floor and slip them on before he left the room, the door clicking softly behind him, and I nestled back into the warmth of the covers, my mind lingering on the events of the night before. I must have dozed off again because the next thing I knew, the sound of the shower filled the room. My eyes fluttered open, and I sat up, stretching with a content sigh as I glanced around his room. Such a brooding and typical Blue type of decor donned the room and sat on the bedside table were two cups of coffee, one fresh and one with half its contents missing, and two plates, one with crumbs and one with a bacon sandwich. Did he make me breakfast in bed? Oh my god, who would have thought that Blue Mercer had it in him?

The bathroom door creaked open and out emerged Blue in nothing but his boxer shorts and a towel draped over his shirtless shoulders. 'Sleeping beauty awakens.' He teased, his eyes meeting mine. 'I made you some breakfast, it should still be warm.' He gave me a soft smile as he crossed his room to his dresser.

'I can see that; did you make this or was this your mom?' I asked, reaching for the plate and wasting no time shoveling it down. I guess the energy that we burnt off last night had left a hunger in my stomach.

'All me Darlin.' He chuckled, glancing a sly smirk over his shoulders as he tugged his legs into his jeans and I shamefully watched him from my spot on the bed, his sheets a shield to my naked state beneath them and I've got to say this was a first, a first for many reasons because I had never eaten breakfast naked before, I had never sat completely unclothed in front of anyone and I had certainly never woken up in a boys bed after a night of sinfully sweet moments.

'So last night was something huh?' I tugged my bottom lip between my teeth, flashes of our euphoria enticing a heat to rise in my cheeks.

'It was something.' He turned to face me, a smirk gleaming from his lips to the mahogany dews that latched onto mine and a soft laugh passed my lips at his response as I placed the plate on his bedside table. My eyes caught a glimpse of the clock that read eight forty five and I furrowed my brows, Wasn't he supposed to be at work already?

'You're late for work.' I stated, turning my attention back to him.

'Well, ain't you observant.' He teased, pulling his shirt over his head.

'Blue, you're never late.' I all but panicked for him, he worked two part-time jobs, one on a ranch and one in an auto shop and both jobs weren't exactly flexible with their starting times.