Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty- Five

A morning with the Mercer's

Sage

I slowly opened my eyes, the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. A warm sensation surrounded me, and I smiled, Blue's strong arms were draped over my waist, and my back pressed against his comforting chest. He tightened his hold, pulling me even closer, his fingers delicately glazing across my skin, each circular motion of the pad of his fingers sending shivers down my spine. The bed shifted slightly as he leaned over, his lips pressed a tender kiss to the side of my neck, and I melted into him rather than the mattress beneath us. I hummed, my appreciation of his affection letting him know that I was awake.

'Did I wake you?' He asked in a soft whisper, his question having my mind wander, leaving questions of my own on the tip of my tongue. How long had he even been awake? Had he just stayed here, holding me while I slept? But the touch of his lips brushing so perfectly against my skin as he placed simple yet beautiful touches of his lips to my neck, outlining a line of shivers drawn up and down the length of my neck had all questions erased from my mind.

'No.' I barely got the word out, his sweet touches clouding my mind and turning me to mush as I cradled his hold on me, encouraging him to hold me to him even tighter.

'How are you feeling?' He asked, his mouth coming to a still below my ear, his warm breath a match to the whisper in his husky tone.

'How are you feeling?' I retorted the question, turning in his hold as I came to face him, his face portrayed one of concern only bringing that exact emotion out in me before the corner of his mouth tugged into a sly smile.

'I asked you first.' He retorted, his arms tightening back around me and pulling me closer to his chest, his leg hooking over mine as he tangled us up in each other's embrace, and the action made my heart swell with warmth.

'I feel fine.' I answered. Honestly, I was telling the truth, my head was no longer throbbing and all I felt right now was the sting of my split eyebrow, but it was minor, like I had grown numb to the pain since last night. He raised a brow as if doubting my answer and I raised a brow of my own in a mirrored action only I winced with the mistake, the sting of my raised brow shooting an instant headache to throb in my temples.

'Sage.' He winced at my wince, his palm coming up to cup my face, his fingertips soothingly brushing back and forth as he caressed the side of my face in what felt like the most soothing gesture I had ever felt.

'I'm fine Blue.' I gave him a reassuring smile, my palms pressing against his bare chest as I tried to soothe the look that was in his eyes as they never wavered from last night's damage. I'm sure the bruise I sported on my eye last night was looking worse now than it did then.

'He's a Fucker.' He muttered through a tight jaw, his eyes glancing back to mine for a split second before automatically zoning back in on my wounds.

'He is, they are.' I agreed, reaching up to place my palm on his jaw, my thumb grabbing his attention as it glazed his sharp outline. And just like I had intended it to do his mahogany eyes met my green ones. 'Are you okay?' I asked, concern and worry of my own seeping into my stomach. Concern about his injuries and worry that he was backtracking to the conversation we had last night before going to bed, the nagging feeling that he was reconsidering his irrational and quipped decision to break up with me out of his fears was now one of my own fears.

'Me? I'm perfectly fine Darlin.' He answered, the corner of his lips yet again tugging up.

'You got hurt too Blue.' I reminded him.