Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Nashville, Tennessee

Sage

When I stepped off of the plane in Nashville, the vibrant energy of the airport all but smothered me, it was chaotic, and I had forgotten how tormenting airports could be but the anxiousness I felt was soothed as Blue entwined his hands through mine as we maneuvered our way out the entrance. I had never been to Nashville before and I was so bloody excited, for the city, for Blue and to see my mom.

'Welcome to Tennessee!' My Mom's voice was heard before my eyes found hers.

'Mom!' I squealed, dropping Blue's hand to run to my Mom, her arms squeezing me and wrapping me up in a tight hug that took away all of the stress of a two-hour flight.

'It's like you've grown so much in the short time that you've been away from me.' She exclaimed, pulling back to take a look at me with a bright and warm smile on her face as she took in my appearance.

'Oh, Mom.' I pulled out of her hold, turning slightly to face Blue, 'You remember Blue?' I introduced them, I mean not that they needed an introduction because they have met before but.

'Well, you certainly have grown up from that little boy who couldn't quite leave my girl alone.' She teased, enticing a soft chuckle from Blue.

'Seems I still can't.' He teased her back, a smirk pulling on the corners of his lips, 'It is nice to see you again Mrs Walker.'

'Likewise.' She retorted, 'Now come on you have people waiting for you and I'm stealing your girl for a mother-daughter date.' She waved us towards a waiting car, An all-blacked-out windowed car, since when did my mother ride around in this?

'Is this yours?' I asked as she opened the back doors, motioning for me and Blue to slide into the back.

'Perks of being a signed musician. Make's you want to reconsider not wanting to perform like your Mama huh?' she teased.

'Mom.' I groaned, not wanting to rehash this conversation with my mother, a conversation that has been had between us on multiple occasions. But then again I can't lie, While I'm sitting in this lavish car in Nashville Tennessee it does make me reconsider not following in her boots, who knows maybe Nashville can change my mind. I glanced up front, my brows all but shooting up at the sight of a man in the driver's seat, wearing all-black attire. 'Mom who's the guy?' I asked, watching the smirk tug on the man's lips through the reflection of the mirror upfront.

'That's Joe, my driver, Joe meet my daughter Sage and her boyfriend Blue.' My mom swiftly dished out the introductions before closing the door and leaving the car with a deadly silence before she climbed into the front seat beside Joe.

'She has a driver?' I whispered to Blue, an amused smile tugging on his lips as he reached over, hooking my seatbelt securely into place. My mother was much like me, simple things were all I needed but this version I've met only a few steps into Tennessee was a whole new woman and I loved that for her. Joe set the car in motion and we were off, heading to the record labels headquarters for Blue to claim his dream, I prayed everything that happened today in the meeting that he was about to attend turned out to be everything that he had ever wanted for himself.

A girl full of pride

Sage

I had the most amazing day with my Mom, she took me to get a manicure and then we ate lunch in this fancy restaurant that offered the biggest steaks I'd ever seen in my life, before finishing off with a little browsing through a few quaint boutiques. We didn't buy anything just window shopped and it was fun, my Mom of course tried on a few of Nashville stunning clothing designs and I can't lie I tried on a few too. Of course, my Mom had questions for me, questions about how I was doing lately, questions about Blue and how I felt about him, and to my dismay, she had noticed the cut and the faint bruise that still donned my eye but was almost gone so it was easy to dull her concern. I wasn't one to lie to Mom, so I told her that Blue was performing in a bar, and I went with him resulting in me getting into a fight. I didn't tell her about getting arrested but neither did my Uncle Wade by the fact that she had no idea about any of this, so I figured it was something she didn't need to know about, not right now anyway. I had felt at ease all day, indulging in my mom's company but now that I was alone, I couldn't shake the anxious feeling that set in my bones, I had not heard a peep from Blue all day. I had no clue how the meeting went, or what was to happen next for him. I had bid my mom goodnight, she had just headed to her hotel suite because she had another show tomorrow night and was seeking out some much-needed sleep while I was currently riding the lift on the way up to mine and Blues hotel room, a room gifted in compliments from Daniel. The entire building seeped with lavishness, and it was so out of my comfort zone that I didn't know how to feel about it. Stepping out of the elevator it took me a moment to find the room number that matched the one on my key card. I hoped Blue was back because I was jittered with excitement to hear how today had been for him. What did Daniel say? What did they exactly do for nearly an entire day?