Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Giving Blue a push

Blue

I watched Sage from my spot on the bench as she danced her little heart out alongside a couple of others, She looked so carefree at this moment and it was nice to see, usually if she was to get up and dance then she was always accompanied by Violet or Mickey but they were currently too wrapped up in there make out session to pay little mind to anyone else around them.

'So what's the deal with you two?' Otis asked dragging my attention from Sage as he sat down beside me.

'Deal with who? Me and Sage?' I asked prying into his question.

'Who else? Wherever she goes your eyes follow.' He said, a smile playing on his lips.

'We've known each other forever.' I told him, didn't he already know this? Shit, she is always at mine and Mickey's side has been every summer since we met.

'No, there's more to it.' he shook his head defiantly, 'I know that look in your eyes, I've been there before man.' he added, and I laughed at his response.

'I don't know what you mean.' I fobbed his prying off.

'Sure you do, you paid Liam thirty dollars to distract her, just to keep her away from me.' he chuckled, and I swear that kid was now in trouble.

'I did no such thing.' I denied what was so blatantly the truth.

'Right because an eleven-year-old boy who is usually broke as broke suddenly walks around with a wad of cash after hanging out with you and your cousin for a few hours.' He shook his head with light laughter, and I couldn't help but join his laugh at that fact.

'Well, you can tell your little brother he ain't getting another dollar from me if he's going to go around blabbing about it.' I retorted earning a chuckle from Otis.

'What's the deal then? Why not just go ask her out?' he asked with a curious raise of his brow.

'You need to just mind your business.' I muttered, why was he even asking me this shit?

'Maybe I do, but what are you going to do? keep paying a child your wages to keep pulling her away from other guys?' he questioned, far too invested in knowing the details of mine and Sage's relationship.

'If I have to.' I said with all seriousness because if it came to it I would one hundred percent pay that child more money just to keep Sage away from his brother.

'Look around, I don't see any little kids running around here.' Otis reasoned, and he was right, but I wasn't going to give him the benefit of giving him a response. 'Suit yourself, I guess I'll just have to go ask her to dance.' He pushed with a mischievous smirk.

'Don't even think about it.' I fired back, the look in his eyes may be playful but I knew he was deadly serious with the threat.

'She's a pretty girl and a single one at that. If I ask her and she says she wants to dance then so be it, there won't be shit you can do about it.' He commented, his eyes going to Sage as he watched her come to a still as the song came to an end. I clenched my jaw at the look he sent her, his words irked me just like I'm sure he had intended them to do. He was right, if he was to get up and go ask her to dance with him then there wouldn't be a single thing I could do about it.

'What do you want Otis?' I asked not quite understanding why he was sitting here grilling me about Sage when he continued to look at her like he wanted to devour her as much as I do.

'Me? I don't want nothing, you on the other hand need a push to get off your ass and get the girl before someone else does because I'm telling you right now man, I ain't the only one who wants to dance with the pretty girl. Just like me, the men around here are infatuated with her green eyes.' He nodded his head towards his friends who just like us were sat watching Sage as she danced along to the beat of the new song that was now playing and I tensed. Fuck me! what was it with this girl and the men of this town?