Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A taste of Blue

Sage

'I can feel you falling asleep, are you getting tired?' Blue whispered against my ear, his warm breath warming to the chill that had captured the bare skin of my cheek from the spot we had all but unmoved from for hours, and I didn't mind it one bit because to be wrapped in Blue's arms felt so comforting and homely like that I could fall asleep like this.

'A little, it's been a long day.' I admitted because it had, I'd been up since six this morning and it was now hitting half one in the morning, but I couldn't bring myself to get up and move the position that we were sat in.

'You want me to take you home?' he asked, his arms tightening around my waist with his words, and I smiled imagining that he didn't want to let me go just as much as I didn't want him to.

'Yeah, but if you want to stay I can find a ride, maybe I'll call my uncle or something.' I suggested, not wanting to be the reason he had to leave the party earlier than he had intended to.

'You're joking, right?' he chuckled the vibration of his chest at the action a detail I've grown to love in the short few hours of sitting here with him.

'I don't get the joke.' I turned in his hold to look up at him.

'You think I'd let you find your own way home just so I could stay out a little longer?' He raised a brow, a smirk playing on his lips.

'I don't see why not. I'm grown and can certainly find my own way home.' I told him.

'And I don't doubt it Darlin but what kind of man do you take me for? Not only would my Mama kick my ass if she found out, but I made a promise to Wade years ago that you would always be safe with me and that entails me making sure you get home safe every night that you're with me.' he explained.

'Wait, when did you make a promise to my uncle?' I laughed at the news.

'That's what you got from everything that I just said?' he chuckled in amusement.

'Well it's news to me, how did that come about?' I asked straightening up to give him my full attention, suddenly fully awake.

'You were there, He was concerned that me and Mickey would drive you home after drinking.' He clued me in, the memory of Blue picking me up last summer as the pair had planned to take me to a party at the river.

'Oh yeah.' I laughed remembering the quipped lie of a response he gave to my uncle when he was asked if there would be any alcohol at the party.

'Come on, let me take you home so you can get rest to that pretty little head of yours.' He shook his head with amusement and I'm sure the reason for his amusement was to do with my slow working mind. I was totally past the point of tiredness that my brain had all but switched off over an hour ago.

'Okay.' I agreed pushing myself to stand up and dusting the back of my dress to ensure there were no strands of grass stuck to my white dress.

'Wait, you guys are leaving?' Violet piped up from her spot on Mickey's lap.

'Yup, I'm tired.' I admitted as Blue wrapped an arm around my waist.

'No, you can't.' Violet rejected my attempt to leave.

'Yeah, I can.' I retorted bringing a chuckle from both Blue and Mickey.

'Well then so are we.' She climbed off of Mickey's lap.

'We are?' Mickey asked with a raised brow.

'Yup, I'm having a slumber party at Sage's.' she decided all on her own.