'That's because he's my father Darlin.' He sighed, my eyes going wide at the information.

'He's your dad?' I all but fired at Blue, turning in my seat as I reached for his other hand, pulling it into mine.

'Unfortunately.' He muttered, 'Apart from Mickey, no one else knows. It was a secret my mama kept right up until the guy brought me back in the back of his patrol car when I was thirteen.' He explained, the look in his eyes full of hatred as he spoke about how he first met his father, and it made me feel such a mix of emotions for him.

'I'm sorry Blue, I wish had been there for you back then.' The words left my lips, the tightening in my chest all down to the fact that I never noticed that this boy I had known forever had been secretly dealing with this news for years, he never once gave me the sense that he was going through something.

'Don't be, it was my choice to keep you away from all of that.' he soothed a thumb across my knuckles.

'So, what's the deal with his comment about getting peace and quiet from you two in the summer, Do You and Mickey torment the guy all year round until I come into town?' I asked, not only did I want to know the answer, but I also wanted to bring more of the smiling Blue back, I hated seeing him so out of sorts and it worked.

'Something like that.' The corners of his mouth tugged, and a beautiful and gentle smile was now placed on his lips. 'It was a mutual agreement between me, and Mickey to not drag you into our trouble, so we try our best to behave when you are around.' He seemed to be more relaxed now.

'You do? Because as I remember last year you beat up my boyfriend and don't get me started on the fact that both you and Mickey were the ones who wanted to go in that church tonight, not me.' I teased, bringing a chuckle from his chest.

'Let me correct you Darlin he is your ex, and you're right the keeping you away from trouble thing could use some work.' He laughed softly, the light-hearted Blue that I adored was back in front of me, taking all the weight from my chest at the sight. I glanced out the windscreen, the porch lights of Blues house catching my attention as Marlene stepped out of the front door, her eyes zoning in on the truck that we sat in as she folded her arms across her chest. I guess that means Blue's dad was serious when he said he was going to call his mom.

'I think you're in trouble.' I settled my eyes back on Blue, my comment bringing his attention to his mom.

'Shit.' He grumbled before ignoring it and focusing all his attention back on me. 'I fucked up the night huh?'

'Not necessarily, won't you stay with me tonight?' I asked, not wanting to part with him just yet after having our first argument, I mean we didn't technically argue but I won't deny that I was mad as hell at him.

'Darlin are you asking me to a slumber party?' he teased with a playful tug to his lips.

'If you want to call it that.' I retorted through a light laugh, his smile morphing into a grin at my response.

'In your uncle's house?' he paused with a raise of his left brow, 'Sage walker, If I didn't know any better, I'd think you wanted to get me shot.'

'Shut up.' I playfully swatted at his chest, his laughter falling so easily around us. 'I'm serious, my uncle is working throughout the night he won't be in until early morning and even then, he never comes into my room.' I reasoned, 'Blue, we just had our first fight, and I don't want to be alone right now.' I admitted, that the thought of going into the empty house after the night had been cut short was daunting, all I wanted was to be wrapped in Blue's arms, at least until I fell asleep.

'I'll tell you what Darlin.' He brushed my hair back with his fingers as he settled his palm against my cheek, 'I'll go listen to the earache I'm sure my mama has for me, and then I'll come over for a little while.'