'Fuck it!' I fired rising to my feet with the sudden adrenaline boost these fuckers had given me, While Otis chuckled from where I left him on the bench all alone.

'Your girl is that way.' Otis called after me and I flipped him off over my shoulder, too busy with the task at hand to give him any more of my time, I now had a mission to change the song for me to swoop in. I reached the speaker, Violet was too busy with Mickey to even notice me as I swiped her phone from her chair, sliding my fingers down the screen as I searched through her playlist until I found the song I was looking for, Your Heart or mine by Jon Pardi. Sage was a sucker for this song and as soon as the beat came on her eyes glanced up at me and bingo! There it was a smile so wide on her face and it was all aimed for me as I closed the distance between us. I reached my hand out for her to take, Her eyes met mine, and with a subtle smile, she placed her hand in mine. The soft, warm glow of the fire mere feet away illuminated our makeshift dance floor as we moved in sync with the country rhythm.

'How did you know this was my favourite song?' she asked, the smile she sent me had pride filling me up and Fuck did I eat that shit up.

'Oh, I don't know Darlin, you only hum it a million times a day.' I chuckled, as she allowed me to spin her around, her giggles flowing so melodically to my ears that I all but wanted to kiss the sound from her lips. The twang of the music echoed throughout the ongoing festivities and the scent of her perfume lingered in the air, mixing with the subtle aroma of the surrounding smoke from fire and marijuana. Everything else seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us to get lost in the melody. As we swayed to the music, I could feel the gentle pressure of her hand in mine, a connection that went beyond the physical touch that I've craved for some time now. The rhythm of the song guided our steps, creating an intimate dance that spoke volumes without a single word. Her laughter rang out, a melodic harmony to the twangy notes. The lyrics of the song seemed to come alive as we danced. Each step, each turn, was a silent conversation between us. I caught glimpses of her eyes, reflecting the emotions stirred by the lyrics, and that's when I knew for certain I wasn't alone in feeling how I do about her. The world outside this dance floor ceased to exist; it was just her and me, moving through the space with complete ignorance of the other people dancing around us.

Holy hell my heart

Sage

I laughed as the final notes of the song faded away and Blue grinned down at me, spinning me around one last time before he swooped me up and threw me over his shoulders. 'Blue!' I squealed through a laugh as he carried me away to God knows where and when he placed my feet to the ground his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him. The glow of the fire was no more but the light of someone's truck lights was soft around us, and I glanced around our new surroundings to see we were all alone at the tailgate of a truck, the owner unknown to me. His gaze met mine, a playful smile curved on his lips and the entire world seemed to pause as he leaned in closer, the warmth of his breath brushed against my cheek, and my heart quickened. The background noise of everyone enjoying their night had all but faded away, leaving only the echo of our breaths and the distant rustle of music playing in the background.

'You know,' he began, his voice so husky to the quiet night, 'I was serious when I told you I wanted to take you out this summer.' The moonlit shadows played on his face almost rheumatically matching to his confession.

'Blue?' I began, my heart was all but wanting to jump through my throat as his hand gently reached up and brushed the loose strand of my hair from my face, the gentle action sending a subtle shiver down my spine.

'I want to kiss you.' he admitted with a charming grin, his words laced with all sincerity.

'Quit playing with me.' I darted my eyes away from his to look anywhere but at him right now, I couldn't shake the nervousness that I felt at this moment, was this just Blue flirting with me or was he truly serious? Maybe I had too much to drink, and I was all but hallucinating right now.