'That so?' he replied nonchalantly, 'Anyone I know?'

'Maybe.' I smiled, letting my excitement about the possibilities tomorrow's date with Dalton could bring. I hadn't been on a date before so it brought an entirely different kind of excitement out in me.

'Maybe? That's all I get?' he asked with a single raised brow.

'Dalton.' I gave in, giving him the details he was trying to pry from me. Blue cleared his throat and If possible the air between us grew tense as a flicker of emotions, emotions that I couldn't quite decipher settled upon his features.

'Dalton?' he scoffed as if he had just been scolded.

'What's wrong with Dalton? He seems sweet and it helps that he's handsome too.' I grinned, letting the excitement take over me. I wasn't new to having a boyfriend or anything, and I wasn't insinuating that Dalton was now my boyfriend, but he was just so sweet and kind, so of course my weak heart was intrigued.

'Nothing, I just can't picture it.' he muttered.

'Well good because I don't want you to be picturing what I get up to with him.' I teased, trying to bring back that playful banter from earlier.

'Yeah.' he let out a scoffed laugh as he pulled a packet of cigarettes from his pocket and a light.

'I thought you two were friends, don't you like him or something?' I asked, watching him skeptically as he placed the filter of the cigarette between his lips and lit it, inhaling a large toke before answering my question.

'Something like that Darlin.' He answered, pulling the cigarette from his lips with two fingers as he gave me a weak smile. 'Just don't put up with any shit if he pulls anything, alright?'

'Who me? Blue Mercer, don't you know who you're talking to?' I teased, my teasing words enticing that chuckle of his just as I intended them to do.

'Come on, play me something else.' He nodded to the guitar in my hand as he positioned himself to lean his back against the side of the truck, one leg coming to settle behind me as he puffed another toke of his cigarette.

'You ain't even got to ask.' I fired before picking up a gentle strum of the strings, playing an old country rhythm as he watched me play. It was nice, I liked moments like these, just me, Blue, and the guitar.

Burnt before the flame

Four weeks Later

Sage

'Did you guys do the nasty?' Violet asked flopping herself down onto my bed beside me, a blush burning my cheeks at her question. 'Oh my gosh, you did.' She feigned shock in a teasing tone. 'You little firebug. Tell me how it was?'

'Stop.' I waved her off, the burn on my cheeks a sign of my embarrassment. 'We just you know, done stuff.' I confessed, if she wanted to know all the details then I'm sure she could pry them from Mickey because he had already heard it all earlier.

'Oh, honey you don't need to hide the deeds from me, I want to know all and every detail.' She replied with eagerness. I swear she and Mickey were a match made in bloody heaven.

'Well, I don't want to talk about it, you don't see me asking about what you a Mickey get up to when alone.' I interjected her prying.

'Shoot ask away, you wanna know how good he is with his,' I launched the pair of jeans I was folding in my hand at her before she could even finish that sentence, her laughter filling up my room.

'Eww, Your gross.' I laughed at her free sense of mind.

'Just saying, you can talk to me about anything.' She rolled over, pulling herself up from the bed. 'Was he at least gentlemanly?' she asked with a raised brow. I didn't even know what that meant, I mean I've never really been with a boy in that way before, so I didn't have anything to compare to my experience with Dalton.