'Same old Violet.' I let out softly as I made my way into the house to grab my key and a jacket before heading back out, the short walk from my Uncle's home to the bar was nice, calming even. Even though it's hard to be back here it still felt so good to be here, in this town. This was the place that I always considered as my home even though I only visited in the summer times. The sun was already setting, and I followed the Friday night crowd into the bar, it was busy but then again Whiskey Wade's always was on a Friday and Saturday night.

'You're earlier than I was expecting.' Mickey said as I rounded the bar, placing my jacket under the counter.

'Well, I thought you folks might need the extra hand, Friday and all.' I glanced around the place, it's not full but it's brimming pretty quickly.

'I'll take it, live music night can get a little wild.' He chuckled, 'You want to make yourself useful Doll? Take this to our first artist of the night.' He held a bottle of beer out towards me as he gestured towards the small stage where a perfectly built man was unloading his guitar from its case.

'On it.' I took the bottle from his outstretched hands and made my way through the crowd that was now forming. 'Orders up.' I announced my arrival.

'I got to say you have good timing Sugar.' His green eyes found mine.

'I aim to please.' I teased.

'Is that so?' He chuckled his amusement with a slight raise of his brow, 'Ain't you just sweet and easy for the eyes.' He flirted, pulling a tint of warmth to my cheeks.

'And that's my cue to leave.' I shot him a swift wink before spinning around and doing just that. The entire place was buzzing within the hour, and I've got to give it to Mickey its hard work trying to keep this place alive, I am beyond thankful that he managed this place even before Uncle Wade passed away because I would have been totally drowning otherwise.

'Another please Sugar.' The newly familiar voice fired out to my turned back and I grabbed another bottle from the fridge for him, with swiftness I opened it before turning to face our musician for the night, he sent me a tilt of his cowboy hat and I had to say his rugged look was pretty charming. 'You were pretty good up there.' I slid his drink to him with a compliment.

'You're not the only one who aims to please.' He retorted with a playful smirk.

'That so?' I mimicked his words from earlier.

'Let me buy you a drink?' He asked, leaning closer to the bar top.

'I'm honoured but this sweetheart is spoken for.' I teased a lie.

'Figured as much but one drink won't hurt him, will it?' He retorted.

'Careful Felix, She's the Mercer without the last name.' Mickey fired as he maneuvered around me to grab a glass.

'The famous Sage?' Felix asked, his eyes glancing from me to Mickey as if a silent conversation was being passed between them. Am I missing something?

'Am I missing something?' I shared my thoughts with the pair.

'Wade was a bit of a pass-the-salter.' Mickey clued me in with a chuckle.

'He was not, what did he have to brag about?' I lightly laughed.

'You're his musical genius of a niece, you can sing, and you can play the guitar, what's not to brag about?' Mickey retorted.

'Sage.' Felix brought my attention back to him.

'Felix?' I answered, giving him the attention that he was requesting.

'How about that drink?' He asked taking a swig of his beer, a mischievous glint in his eye.

'Nope, I don't drink with musicians.' I declined yet again, I wasn't lying either I swore to myself a long time ago that I'd never date a musician again, especially one who plays the guitar.

'History?' He gave a quipped reply.

'Something like that.' I admitted. 'Besides, don't you still got more set in you?' I asked with a nod of my head in the direction of the stage.

'Oh, baby I've got more, but I ain't getting to it until you agree to have a drink with me.'

'Your persistent, aren't you?' I leaned my elbows onto the bar top between us.

'Sweetheart, I'm not a man that easily gives up if that's what you mean.' He replied so smoothly, and I'll give the man his due credit because he was damn good at it.

'Alright, if you can guess my poison I'll have one drink with you, Deal?' I held out my hand to seal the deal, sliding his palm against mine he gave our hands a light shake.

'I'd say your poison is something sweet,' He smirked as he eyed me for a reaction, 'A cocktail of some sort, is it sex on the beach?' he guessed, and I couldn't help but laugh at not only how wrong the answer he had given was but of how sure he was of himself when he had given his answer .

'It was a trick question, she's a tequila girl when in a good mood, whiskey if she's sad but if she's mad, she will drink anything her heart sets its sights on.' The familiarity of the tone had all laughter freezing and panic rising inside of me. Please God, no, please God don't be so cruel to me, I pleaded as my eyes found his.

'Blue?' His name fell from my lips so easily before I could even stop it. His warm and familiar mahogany eyes watched me so carefully, the man that tore my heart apart vein by bloody vein hadn't changed a damn bit.