A Look into The Future

As Amelie fell through the portal, one question in particular ran through her mind.  Namely, where is she traveling?  It's questionable why it suddenly works now, but what's more important is what's waiting for you?  After all, every year has its own dangers that you might no longer expect these days.

In any case, Amelie finally fell out of the portal and landed roughly on the ground.  She was shocked to see the portal close again.  "What?!  Where am I?" At that moment she wished that it was a dream and that she wasn't in an unknown year.

A little afraid, Amelie climbed out of the bush behind which she had landed.  She looked around in amazement.  Everything was so different!  The trees were rooted on concrete that covered the entire ground, the huge high-rise buildings corresponded to a very modern architectural style that is rarely represented today.  Nowhere, really nowhere, was there a green space without concrete; everything stood and was rooted on it.  Concrete seemed like the new earth, present everywhere and unimaginable without it.  Amelie didn't feel comfortable there, it was a terrible place, without the plants it would probably have been completely gray.  All the joy of life, the colors and the happiness of the people had disappeared.  People walked across the streets hunched over and with sad looks on their faces.

,,What happened?  Is this really the future?!  Terrible, just terrible!  Why aren't there any cute old houses to be seen or happy people here in the park.  Just sad faces and listlessness everywhere.  The plants don't seem to be happy either, they are about to wither and with them the last glimmer of hope.  Such a world could not have been imagined.  But no one here has the motivation to change anything anymore!  There are still too many cars, mostly diesel.  Why?  Why, my electric cars?!  Has humanity failed, I mean will it fail?" Amelie said quietly to herself.

The air quality suddenly became unbearable and the earth shook.  Lava from the earth's core rose up, but no one panicked.  They just took out their breathing masks and went into a shelter.  Amelie actually wanted to disappear from there, but then she saw Kira.  This was carried on the shoulders of a hooded figure.  That had to be Krey's!

Amelie quickly sprinted towards them as
a piece of rock separated her from Kira.
The two of them met desperate looks.  Amelie couldn't bear to have come this far and now Kreys is disappearing again with Kira.  Without much hope, she stomped on the ground so that the rock stopped moving.  Amelie saw what she had achieved and tried to steer the chunk.  In fact, she managed to do this too.  Her eyes moved the stone and steered it towards Krey's.

In a panic, he dropped Kira and quickly fled.  Of course that didn't help, the rock accelerated by 120 kmh and quickly caught up with Kreys.  He flew directly into him and ensured that his last hour came.  Before Kreys died, he shouted aggressively: "You have no chance!  We're outnumbered, so don't even think about winning!" He then coughed and finally spit out blood.

Amelie ran to Kira, unleashed her and catapulted the rock into space.  People calmed down.  Except Amelie, she ran away with the exhausted Kira on her shoulders, back into the bushes.

So they traveled back to the present.  But one thing is strange:
Where was Paul?  Did he do nothing but just watch as his father died?  Actually, werewolves sense when one of them is in danger.