Is This Really What I Want?

This chapter is dedicated to HyoIn_Kai for the awesome cover. Thanks so much!!

Hyoyeon's POV

After I officially became Lay's girlfriend, we went back outside and joined the others. Taeyeon said movie would be starting soon, and they needed help setting up the picnic blankets on the grass.

"You coming?" Lay asks.

"Yeah, just let me do something first and I'll be right over," I smile.

"Okay," he smiles back. He heads over to the area where the movie will be playing.

I walk over to the other side of the house and sit down against the wall. I feel something tugging on my heart. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get Kai out of my head. What is wrong with me? I thought I starting to like Lay! Yuri walks over and sits down next to me.

"You okay, Hyo?" She asks.

"No!" I huff.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"My feelings! I thought I was starting to get over Kai and that I would start liking Lay, but now that I'm Lay's girlfriend, I just have this tugging feeling at my heart and I just have a this wave of guilt in me, and I don't know what to do, Yuri. Why did this happen to me?"I rant.

"Woah, it's alright Hyo, everything will be okay," she says.

"No, it won't! If I really do still have feelings for Kai, then I'll feel guilty towards Lay, as if I'm leading him on, letting him think that I like him, when really I don't and I'm just lying to him, when I really like Kai instead," I continue to rant on.

"Woah, woah, slow down there, Hyo." Yuri calms me down. "You need to calm down there, just breathe."

I don't know why, but I just burst out crying. I cried into Yuri's arms, and she just stayed there, comforting me.

"I think my heart is finally telling me that I can't love Lay. My heart will only accept Kai," I confess.

"But that's wrong, it's so wrong!" I shriek. "I was supposed to be happy with Lay and forget about Kai, but all this time, I've been feeling so guilty towards him," I continue.

"Yuri, what should I do?" I cry.

"Follow your heart." She says firmly.

"But that would mean..." I stagger off.

"Go for what your heart wants. Not your mind," Yuri replies.

I stare at the ground for a long time, just thinking what would happen if I followed my heart.

"Hey, I'm gonna go now, but remember, the heart wants what it wants, and you shouldn't keep it from what it wants." She says before leaving.

I stay, thinking over and over about what should I do. Leave Lay? Or stay with him? I think for a good 10 minutes when I finally make up my mind.

I get up and walk to where they are hosting the movie. As I walk, I think about how I'm going to do this. I see Lay setting up the blankets on the grass.

I just stand and stare, remembering out short-lived memories and smile. But then I remember my memories with Kai and wonder which one I was happier with.

**flashback**

"My name is Kim Lena, and this my husband, Kim Joon, and my son, Kim Jong In, but people call him Kai," she said.

"Oh, nega Kim Jae Ul, and this is my daughter, Kim Hyoyeon. My wife is out right now, but her name is Kim Hana," appa replied.

"Well, we're your next door neighbors," she replied. Wow, she does most of the talking here.

"Would you like to come in," my appa offered.

"Oh, sure, if its not too much trouble for you," she replied

"Oh, no, not at all," my appa replied, stepping back so our guest could come in.

"Hyo, why don't you take Kai downstairs." My appa suggested. I shrugged and gave him the look 'follow me' and we headed downstairs.

"Woah, is this all yours?" Kai asks, really shocked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"What do you use it for?" He asks.

"I'm the main dancer for Girls' Generation, or SNSD. I practice in here." I explained.
**end of flashback**

**another flashback**
"Yah, I thought you were like a murderer," I said, putting my hand over my heart.

"Sorry," he smiles.

"Aish, just don't sneak up on me like that," I scold, looking back in the mirror.

"It is a cute shirt though," he says, taking a step closer.

"It is, but I really don't want to spend my money right now," I say.

"I'll get it for you if you want," he shruggs. Wait... what?

"You would actually get this for me?" I ask with wide eyes.

"I wouldn't mind," he shruggs again.

"Are you sure? You honestly don't have to do this for me," I say.

"Go change back into your regular shirt and give me this one so I can buy it for you," he commands. Is this for his ego or something

**end of flash back**

**another flashback**

"I'm only kissing him on the cheek," I say. Baekhyun whispers something to Kai and Kai hits him lightly on the shoulder, glaring at him. "Just do it," Baek mumbles. Wonder what that was about.

I give my phone to Tae so that she can take the picture. I go over to Kai and lean in to give him a kiss on the cheek. Just as I was about to kiss his cheek, he moved his head and now I was kissing him on the lips.

*end of flashback*

I blush slightly at the last memory. But to be honest, I long for another kiss with Kai so much. I shake my head. Will he even accept me? Well it's worth a try...

I walk up to Lay.

"Oh hey, can you help?" He asks once he notices me.

"Actually Lay, can I talk to you for a minute?"

A/N: CLIFF HANGER!!! Hihi so charger still isn't fixed, but I'm writing on an iPhone now which is a little better, but it's different from the tablet version of wattpad. Anyways, which ship are you on? HyoKai, or HyoLay? I have nothing against HyoLay, but I LOVE HYOKAI. I just think they look cute and fit well together. that's all I have for now, bye!!