You're Different, Lay

Lay's POV

I feel pain as Kai punches me in the face.

"What made you so cocky? I thought you were my friend!" He yells. I'm silent as I touch my now swelling cheek.

"Lay! Kai! Stop fighting!" Xiumin comes in.

Kai gives me a dirty looks as he gets off me and walks away.

"I warned you, Lay," Luhan sings. I just roll my eyes and make my way towards the front door.

"You're still gonna see Hyoyeon after that?!" Luhan calls out as if I'm crazy.

I just ignore him as I step out of the dorm and get into my car and drive to Namil's Bubbles. I see Hyoyeon waiting for me in front of the shop. I get out of my car and walk towards her. I see her smile but soon turns into a frown.

"Omo, what happened to your face?" She ask worriedly. Oh, I almost forgot. Almost.

"Oh, um, it's nothing," I say uneasily, biting my lip.

"Are you sure? Your left cheek is swollen along with a huge bruise," she says, examining my face.

"Really Hyo, I'm fine," I smile reassuringly. She gives me an uneasy smile which soon goes back to a frown.

"Come on, let's get some bubble tea," I say, opening the door for her.

"Thanks," she says as she slips through the door, me following after her.

She decides on honeydew bubble tea while I decide to get mango. I decide before we leave, I'll get Sehun one too. The maknae and his bubble tea. We sit at a table near the front window of the store.

We start talking. She opens up to me about Kai; how he made her feel, all the memories they shared, how heartbreaking it was to hear he was dating Suzy.

"I just- I just don't know how I fell for him so hard. I guess it was all those memories I made with him," she sighed.

"I realized a little too late that I liked him," she sighed again, running her hair through her bright blonde hair.

"I guess talking to you sort of helps," she shrugs.

"Why did you choose me?" I ask.

"What to you mean?" She question.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" I ask again.

She shrugs. "I dunno, I just really needed someone to talk to that wasn't a girl. I would've gone to Kai if it was a different situation, but I'm not very close with the other EXO members either. I guess I'm closer with you than, I dunno, Suho, I guess."

"I guess in my eyes, you're different, Lay."

Hey! Sorry this is super late! I was just very busy, I had a wedding to go to yesterday, then I had a church picnic today, along with having to finish a science project, that included making a planet and writing a 2 page essay. But that should be no exuse! Anyways, its up now, so hope its good! Bye!