'What have you got so far?'

'Not a whole lot. Haven't even made a dent,' Danny said watching Olivia. She was over by the window, crouching down, as if something had caught her attention.

'All right. Just keep at it, see what you can come up with. Can you be back here within the hour?'

Danny exhaled and shook his head. 'You wouldn't believe the state of this room.'

'Just do what you can and get back here as soon as. We need to sit down and pull our thoughts together,' Mac said.

'No problem. See you soon as.'

'Danny, one other thing, how's Olivia?'

'Uh,' Danny frowned at the somewhat odd question and glanced over at his partner, she was now working at what appeared to be a loose floorboard, 'I dunno, tired, maybe. Nothing that a gallon of coffee wouldn't put right.'

'I think we're all tired. Okay. See you soon.'

Danny hung up the phone and looked at Olivia. 'Mac's asking if we can be back at the lab within the hour. Pretty hefty assumption. What you got there?'

'A couple of these floorboards have been replaced,' Olivia explained. She went into her kit and pulled out a pocket-knife and eased it between the newer planks of wood. Danny got down beside her, curious over what - if anything - they may find.

Moments later the floorboard gave way and with Danny's help, Olivia prised the board up. Both CSI's peered inside the hole in the floor where there was a gray metal safety lock box. With a gloved hand Olivia reached in and retrieved the box.

Danny shone his flashlight into the hole. 'No key. Probably in the desk. What's left of it.'

'Could this be what our killer was looking for?'

Danny clicked off his light and jerked his shoulders. 'Your guess is as good as mine, Duke.'

Olivia handled the key lock and gave it a little wiggle. 'We could probably break into this no problem if we can't find the key.' She pulled a large clear evidence bag from her kit, put the box inside and got to her feet. She turned to begin again on the mass of paper that covered the floor when she realized Danny hadn't moved, he was still staring down into the hole, a frown puckering his brow. 'What is it?'

He cleared his throat and gave his head a little shake. 'Got this feeling I can't shake.'

'What kind of feeling?'

Danny straightened up. 'Last year we had a case, wealthy family of four murdered in their home. All found dead in the parents' bedroom, throats cut. Two kids, both boys, placed between the parents, wrists and ankles bound. I can still see the crime scene photos...' He gave his head a shake. 'Killer turned out to be the eldest daughter and her ex-con boyfriend, seemed that on her parents death she stood to get a hefty trust fund. She got greedy, didn't want to wait.'

'We know the Sheridan's only have two children.'

'I'm seeing similarities.'

'We're meant to treat each case differently. Regardless of similarity.'

'I know. It just feels all wrong,' he added, looking around him.