Sex-Files

After grabbing their Chinese food Flack and Olivia had gone back to his place to eat it straight from the carton while sipping ice-cold beer and watching old re-runs of the X-Files. Olivia loathed that show, said it was the worst show ever. She'd rather watch paint dry or have an all-over body wax. But she knew Flack loved it, the six or so DVD box sets that took up almost half of one of his bookcases was more than enough to convince her. They were two shelves above the first four seasons of the animated adult cartoon series, Family Guy, along with a fairly impressive sports collection that included ice hockey and basketball, and numerous films and documentaries including The Best of the Playboy Mansion all shared the space. It had made her smile first time she'd come to his apartment. His viewing taste was eclectic, the same as hers when it came to music.

'How can you hate the X-Files?' Flack asked, leaning over to grab his beer from the coffee table. 'It broke every rule when it first came out.'

'It bores me,' Olivia simply replied.

'What? Get out. It was groundbreaking stuff. A cult classic.'

Olivia only snorted. 'I think we have a deal-breaker here. I never had you down as a sci-fi nerd, Don.'

'Says the science geek,' he said, before taking a chug of beer. She arched one eyebrow at him and he gave her a wink.

'Whatever,' she said and went back to her rice.

'What, that's it?' he said, lowering the bottle and sounding surprised that she had bypassed the opportunity to have a pop at him. 'That's all you gotta say about it?'

'Well, the subject is long and the night is short,' Olivia replied. 'I could think of better ways to spend our time.'

'But I was planning on giving you a pop quiz,' he told her with a grin.

'I'll save you the trouble. I'd fail it hands down.' She finished off her carton of rice and jabbed the chopsticks inside the empty box, then took a drink of beer, before settling back against the cushions, curling her feet beneath her.

'Hey.'

She turned her head and met his bright blue gaze.

'Feel like dessert now?' he said, eyes twinkling.

'What you got?' she asked as the end credits to X-Files rolled up.

'Whatever you want I got it,' he said leaning in towards her, his gaze fixated on her mouth.

'Suddenly I get the feeling that we're not talking chocolate mousse cake. You gonna respect me in the morning?'

'Play your cards right and I'll do a lot more than just that,' he said with an unrepentant grin. She met his smirk with one of her own.

'Lucky for me I'm really good at cards.' She tugged on his tie and pulled him in closer.

Flack responded instantly to the slow pressure of her mouth, to the heat of her body. When she pushed her way into his mouth, he eagerly allowed her access. She moved her free hand to his head, fingers scraping over his scalp. A chill ran up his spine. No woman had ever affected him like this. His hand fisted in her hair. It grew from there and with mouths firmly glued together, he pulled her to her feet, steering them towards the bedroom, amidst open-mouthed kisses and clothes being thrown off.

He had one arm around her waist, his hand covering the exposed skin above the waistline of her pants. The other flung open the bedroom door. His eyes had gone from their usual bright blue to dark cobalt and it made Olivia shiver. Through the haze of her arousal the little voice in her head reminded her that sex with him was unlike any she had experienced before. One touch and she burned, one kiss and she melted. Once with him was never enough. It seemed that she was insatiable in her need for him. She wondered if that were the only reason she kept coming back. Or if it were something else... She'd had sex so many times before, but with Flack it was a thousand times better than any of those previous encounters. There was desire, passion, lust...but there was also feeling there. There were genuine deeper undertones.

This was more than sex.

If she allowed it...this could be everything.

She immediately batted that last thought right out of the ballpark. She didn't care to be reminded of how torn she was or wasn't feeling about him. All she wanted was here and now. This moment. This one moment she was sharing with him. He began to tug at the loosened tie around his neck and they broke apart momentarily long enough for him to pull it over his head.

'I like the tie,' she told him, her voice sounding husky and breathless.

'How about you wear it then,' he said, looping it around her neck.

'Just the tie?' she asked one eyebrow arching suggestively, lips curving in a subtle smile.

Flack let out a low groan. He pinned her to the now-closed door. His mouth found hers again, desperately hurtling into the next hungry kiss. His body was pressed tight up against her, as he slid his hands up her arms to unwind her hands from around his neck; lifting them over her head, holding them against the door.

Now it was her turn to moan. His hips were grinding into her and she couldn't remember wanting, needing, sex with a man as much as she did with him. His mouth assaulted her skin and trailed kisses down the curve of her neck, hot, like licks of fire. She wrapped a leg around him and just as his mouth crashed against hers, she lost her breath.

It was like being underwater.

Water kisses filling her mouth, water kisses filling her soul.

It was like a tidal wave.

You couldn't fight against it, you just had to let it be.

She was drowning in him.

And right now, she couldn't care less.

_____________________________________________

COPYRIGHT. © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Debra Jay. 2006