Professional People

Danny had taken Mikey McCarthy's swab to DNA to see if he could get a rush on it. There was still no results as yet from the DNA they'd taken from the coffee mugs so he didn't hold out much hope for the swab. Olivia had left Flack in the interrogation room and began making her way down to Trace to see if Adam was having any luck with the coffee grinder. She was halfway down the corridor when she heard the sound of feet and then her name being called out.

'Detective Cordukes.'

She turned and smiled at Flack who was grinning back at her. She waited for him to catch up. It didn't take long the length of those legs. 'When you start using my full title I know I'm in trouble. Did I do something, Detective Flack?'

'I might have to place you under arrest,' he said, falling into step beside her.

'On what grounds?'

'Seducing a fellow officer.'

'And when did this alleged incident take place?'

'Tonight. My place. Say around, eight?'

As they stopped at the intersection of the corridor his face was passive but his bright blue eyes were full of suggestive content as he smiled down at her and Olivia was overcome with a stab of guilt over her actions of the night before. Guilt - another new thing she was experiencing. She bit back a sigh, shook it off and smiled up at him.

'And if I refuse arrest?'

'I might have to restrain you. Obtain a warrant. That sorta thing.'

'Are you going to violate my rights, Detective?'

'Every last one,' he promised, his tone as suggestive as his twinkling blue eyes.

'Then I guess I better come along quietly.'

'Wise decision, ma'am.'

She laughed softly. 'By the way...thank you.'

'You liked the flower?'

'I loved the flower,' she amended.

'Figured you would. Most women like roses.'

'Only I'm not most women.'

His dancing eyes met hers and his smile was tender. 'Yeah, I figured that out a long time ago. So, what time you getting off?'

'If I play my cards right around eight thirty,' she teased.

Flack grinned. 'Play your cards right and you'll be booking overtime,' he teased back and making her laugh.

'Supposed to be seven, but you know that doesn't mean a thing around here.'

'All going well, we're set for eight?'

'Looking forward to it. What exactly do you have planned?'

'Top secret,' he replied all serious-like. 'If I tell you I'd have to shoot you and I really don't wanna do that. At least not before I get you off,' he added, giving her a wink and making her laugh all over again.

*

Stella hurried down the corridor towards Mac's office holding a blue manila in her hands. She and Mac were working a new case involving the stabbing of a forty-five year-old man whose sixty year-old uncle had confessed to the murder. As had the uncle's sixteen year-old granddaughter - the victim's niece. This early in a case it was somewhat satisfying to have a full-written confession from a suspect, but a full-written confession from two?

She wasn't buying the uncle's story that he and his nephew had fought over money and he had lashed out in anger and she had proof to back it up tucked away in the blue folder. Stella had a strong feeling that the uncle was protecting someone - his granddaughter. Rounding the corner she could see Mac in his office, pacing the floor, stopping every now and then to thumb through the mountain of paperwork, that the team had affectionately named Mount Xerox, on the corner of his desk.