Crash Landing

Once again Flack couldn't move. He was certain if someone burst into the bedroom and held a gun to his head he'd just lie there and take the bullet. At least he'd die a satisfied man. He couldn't think of a better place to be than stretched out over Olivia's curvy body, his face buried in her hair. 

'Just so you know, if you fall asleep on top of me I will hurt you.' 

Flack managed to drum up enough energy to grin. 'I'm not sleeping,' he mumbled. 'Just praying for a second wind.' 

'Take all the time you need, Stallion,' she said shifting to push him gently off her. She positioned herself, their faces only inches apart on the pillow. When he opened his eyes and gave her another lazy smile she was sure she felt something deep down inside. A low tickle. A warm feeling that spread quickly. His blue eyes searched hers. She wondered what he was looking for. Whatever it was she doubted she had it. 

With one finger Flack swept a stray lock of hair away from her eyes and tucked it behind her ear. The touch was intimate and Olivia felt the warm feeling again. She told herself it was nothing. That all she was feeling was the aftermath of great sex. That she was allowing the moment to carry her away. 

'Think it's time to bring the free card into play,' he said.

'I was beginning to wonder if you were gonna play it at all. Go for it,' she said, sliding her tongue over her top lip in a way that made him want to flip her onto her back and do things that would normally get a guy arrested. 

He knew if he spoke the words that were hovering on the edge of his mouth, dancing around his heart, that she would call an end to whatever this was that they were doing. But he needed to say it. They'd been doing their thing for weeks now. He needed to know. He tried to read the expression in those amazing green eyes. But he got nothing. She was waiting. So he took a deep breath. 

'You still on that "I don't get involved" thing?' 

She lifted a brow. 'You get an opportunity to do or ask anything and that's it? Flack. Seriously.' 

'It's my freebie don't diss, answer.' 

She wanted to stop looking into his eyes, but found she couldn't drag herself away from his intense blue gaze. It made her sigh. In a way she had been expecting the question. If she was being honest with herself, being with him and getting to know him; it was making her question the vow she'd made herself. Things in her life right now were way too obscure. She was still trying to work out what was going on with Mac. She really didn't need to fall for Flack, a guy that under normal circumstance - and if she allowed herself - she could fall for in a heartbeat.

Damn.

She went to move, to climb out of bed, but his hand touched hers stopping her.

'Don't run away, Olivia.' 

That was exactly what she'd been about to do. She didn't so much hate that he seemed to be getting to know her, she was more afraid of it. 

'Stay.' 

There was something in the way it rolled off his tongue that made her stop. There was something in his eyes that made her want to run screaming from the bedroom.

'I'm not the kind of girl you wanna get involved with.' 

'Let me be the judge of that.' 

'You couldn't take me home to mom and - ' 

'My mom would love you. So'd my old man for that.'

'Don't do this,' she said with a sigh. 'Don't spoil it.'