Heart Of Glass

'We're not having this conversation again, Messer.'

'C'mon.'

'Turn it off.'

'I'm trying to educate you in modern popular culture. What's not to like about the song Punchup at a Wedding?'

'The name?'

Danny grinned and jammed an elbow against the door. Olivia was driving the department issued SUV - they were on their way to their crime scene on West 50th - and they were doing what they did best: bickering. He turned the volume down on the radio that was playing a track by one of his favorite bands. 'See what I did just there?' he said pointing at it. 'I'm playin' nice and now I'm gonna cut you some slack. So you don't like Radiohead, that's fine. You tell me what's good.'

'I like most music,' she said glancing into the rear-view before making a left.

'Such as?'

'Such as most music.'

'Like?'

'Is this annoy your partner day? Because it's working.'

'C'mon,' he chided, 'is it so hard for you to open up? Pitch it. Ten words or less.'

Olivia sighed. 'If it's gonna shut you up. I like The Who - '

'Classic.'

' - The White Stripes - '

'Eclectic.'

' - Stevie Nicks - '

'Just when we were getting along...'

She caught the grin that split his features. 'See, you had to go spoil yourself.'

'Ah, I'm just messin'.' Danny opened up the glove compartment and began rifling around inside. There were several CDs left there by the various CSIs who drove the SUV. It paid to have a copy of your favorite CD on hand, after leaving a crime scene most of the CSIs found music to be a great stress reliever. 'Oh, look at this. Found us a real gem.' He pulled out a CD, The Best of Blondie.

'Now we're talking.'

'Something we have in common. The Gods are smilin' on us today, Duke.'

Olivia groaned. 'Just play the CD.'

Danny inserted the disc into the player and seconds later Heart of Glass pumped through the car speakers. 'Man, this never gets old. I wonder who it belongs to,' he mused, turning the case over in his hand.

'It's probably Lindsay's.'

Danny looked surprised. 'Get out. Montana likes Debbie Harry?'

'Why's that hard to believe?'

'She's a country girl. I'd have thought LeAnn Rimes was more her thing.'

Olivia cast him a dry look. 'Isn't that a little clichéd, Messer? Even for you?' He only shrugged. She turned back to the road. 'You have much to learn about our Miss. Monroe.'

'Is that right?'

'Oh, yeah.'

She sounded like she was going somewhere with that and as the conversation had turned to his colleague, he was suddenly very interested in what Olivia had to say. He'd be a liar if he didn't admit that his peaking interest in Lindsay was beginning to bug him. She'd gone from Montana, the girl he loved to tease and mess with; to Lindsay, the girl he had begun thinking about way too much. More so since the night at Sullivan's. Thinking about Marty's hands on her, even now made Danny feel something he'd never felt before.