TRIAL.

The royal court was filled with noble citizens of Riverfall who had come to witness the King's trial. The news had spread all over Riverfall that the King had been accused of murdering his own Queens and would be tried in the royal court today by his own officials.

Of course there was disbelief and argument all over Riverfall but the news was soon proven true and a lot of people were present to witness how the trial would turn out.

The King was asked not to seat on his throne during the trial as custom demands until he was proven innocent, nor was he allowed to bring in any of the royal guards. He was like a dethroned King until the trial ends in his favor, and of course King Ceser did not care; he appeared in the royal court looking confident like a man who was sure of his innocence.

Amber gritted her teeth in anger as she watched her father go up the podium to be questioned, Aurora who sat beside her gently placed a hand on hers and Amber calmed down a bit. The King's seat on the high step was empty but the officials and Prince Ivon all sat around it.

Finally the head official spoke up, "people of Riverfall, the king has been accused of a very serious crime by a noble citizen, lord Steven Williams, and we would not have called the king to trial if his son prince Ivon had not sided with the accuser, so we had no choice but to get to the bottom of this accusation."

King Ceser shot his son a cold glare. He was impossibly disappointed in Ivon. The prince is too soft and stupid, and he is not at all fit to be the next King of Riverfall after Ceser. Ivon was supposed to be like him, but he ended up becoming like his grandfather who supported the abomination of his daughter getting married to a woman.

Ceser was so angry at his son and at everyone who had caused him to be disgraced like this. After this stupid trial was over, Ivon would be among those who he had planned to kill!

"Your majesty we have a few questions for you and we want the truth and nothing but the truth." The head official opened a book and began "your majesty, did you or did you not poison the second Queen Fiorenza and framed the first Queen Nicolette just to have her unjustly killed?"

Gasp of shock filled the room and the King gritted out in anger, "I did not!"

"But the prince has a book where Queen Fiorenza wrote of her relationship with the first Queen in a very positive light. It is quite suspicious that the first Queen would poison the second Queen if they had a good relationship, do you not think so your Majesty?"

"You can go ask them that when you go to hell. All I ever did was punish Nicolette for murdering the second Queen. Why are you now asking me the reason she did it? It is obvious that she was jealous"

"Enough father!" Ivon stood up "you were asked to answer the questions honestly. The officials are witnesses to your confession"

"I do not understand what else you want prince Ivon. I am answering the questions as truthful as I can"

"Then answer this, why did you murder the late King, my grandfather?"

There were gasp of shock and murmurings all over the court once again. The king was shaking in anger and he refused to say a word. It seems like Ivon had finally made his choice.

Ivon shook his head in disappointment and hurt. This is his father, the king of Riverfall who was now being tried like a petty criminal. There was no greater shame.

"There is evidence to my accusation." Ivon address the people "my father thought that he had destroyed the evidence to hide his crimes but unfortunately for him, he did not" Ivon brought out a piece of folded paper and handed it to the chief official "this is a letter Lord Abel Williams left in the care of his son Lord Steven. It speaks of how and why the King was murdered. The late King wanted the marriage between same sex legal in Riverfall, but Ceser who was crown prince at that time was against it. In order for that not to happen, Ceser conspired with Lord Abel and offered him something he could not refuse."

"He promised that the Williams family will be connected to royalty if Lord Abel helped in the murdering of the late King, and it was for that reason that when a second Queen was to be selected, a woman from the Williams family was chosen. It was to keep the promise King Ceser made to Lord Williams, and it was also for that reason that the Queens were killed. If Lord Abel had not agreed that his own daughter be poisoned and killed for what the King considered an abomination, his family would have been shamed because it turns out my mother and Queen Nicolette were not friends but lovers"

The court fell into another round of shocked gasp at the revelation.

"Yes! Yes I killed them!" Ceser yelled "your mother, Amber's mother, my father, my sister! Yes I killed them all. They were all in support of two women being together! How could I allow such an abomination to happen in my kingdom? They were all nothing but a disgrace and they all deserve to die a thousand times!!!!"

"That is not enough reason to kill them," a noble man stood up from the crowd "my son likes men and I have been trying to hide it for so long because of people like you your highness. I shunned him like a leper, but no more! He is still my son and from now on I will love him regardless. He is still a human being your majesty, should I kill him just because he fell in love?"

"Well I for one do that agree with what you did King Ceser," Queen Evelyn spoke up "I am married to a woman and my Kingdom still prospers." She said proudly "I do not see why you are so scared of that"

"My nephew likes men but he is too scared to come out because of people like you your majesty. You should be dethroned"

There were many more coming outs and confessions and soon the whole kingdom was demanding that the King step down from the throne.

"Silence!" the head official yelled and the court immediately fell silent. "We have examined the evidence and also taken your confessions into considerations. Not only did you kill the previous Queens, but you killed them in such devious manner without letting the court know about their supposed crimes, and also the murder of your sister and father, you have done wrong and you will be dethroned"

Everyone cheered but the King's laughter shut them up "you fools!" he screamed "I did not come unprepared. If I am no longer going to be your king, then I am afraid that there would not be a Kingdom anymore because all of you are going to die today!!"

Ivon was the first to notice the masked men dressed in black emerging from the crowd with swords in their hands. "Everyone get out of here now!!!" but it was already too late.