WAR IS COMING.

Amber felt foolish. Her excitement of going out with Aurora again had blocked her mind into thinking logically. She has forgotten her sword back at her chambers and she wasn't sure she would be able to fight off the threats lurking around with just her bare hands.

There were more than she had expected, fifteen men in all, dressed in black with swords in their hands and masks hiding their faces from view. They all seem to be well trained assassins and Amber felt completely trapped.

Pushing Aurora behind her in a protective manner, she glared at the men.

They surrounded her on all sides but she remain cautious and calculating, making sure she was on high alert for when anyone of them would strike.

It wasn't long before one charged towards her, but she was faster than him. She pushed Aurora to the side who fell to the ground like a wet noddle, before quickly dodging the tip of his sword from punctuating her chest.

In a flash she caught his wrist in her hands, twisted it until the bone crack and yells of horror and pain fill the air. The metal sword dropped down from his hands and Amber was quick to pick it up, kicking the screaming assassin away from her.

With a sword in hand, she felt more confident now. Her glaring eyes roam over each and every one of the men, daring them to attack.

This time they all attacked her at once, but she was prepared. Swords clash against each other in a flash. Amber wasn't prepared for their strength. They attacked her from all sides and she was only able to bring down nine before her arms became weak from exhaustion but she didn't give up.

Aurora was now unconscious on the floor and Amber was thankful that none of the men seem to care about the drunk golden haired lady. It only means that Amber was indeed their target.

Amber fought on but it seem like they only seem to be increasing in number. Just when she decided that fighting was no use and she might as well look for an escape, someone jump in to help her.

He attacked the men aggressively with his sword. Their strength was no match for his. With a new found energy, Amber resumed fighting and with his help, the few men standing retreated.

Amber turned to her saviour to thank him but was shocked to see Armstrong staring at her.

"Armstrong?"

Without saying a word, Armstrong moved towards Aurora and picked the unconscious girl up.

"We must return to the palace your highness. You are not safe here."

Amber pushed away the growing questions in her mind as she followed Armstrong to find her horse.

She wondered what Armstrong was doing here. How did he find her? And most of all, has he been watching her?

Her heart tighten in dread.

Did he see them kiss?

****
Amber decided that it wasn't wise to take Aurora to her room in her state. Her roommates would surely be suspicious, not just at the fact that she came back in a wasted state but because Amber was the one who brought her back.

Amber wasn't prepared for any unwanted rumors to spread over the palace about her and this gorgeous lady.

So far she still wasn't able to get their kiss out of her head. She could still remember the feel of her soft lips, the feel of her body press against hers.

Amber knew the lady had done that in a state of drunkenness, but the sudden feelings bubbling in her chest every time she thought about the kiss was driving her crazy. This was not how she imagined their first day as friends.

"Will you keep her in your chambers for the night?" Armstrong who has been standing beside her door for the past five minutes in silence finally spoke. The discomfort was clear in his tone.

Amber glance at the lady on her bed. Her golden hair was spread all around her and her eyes close. She looks so peaceful in that moment.

"It will not be wise to take her to her chambers in this state. Her roommates will ask questions"

Armstrong nodded in understanding, "then I must take my leave"

"Armstrong!" She called before he could walk out and he halted in his steps "how did you find me?"

"After the royal breakfast, the king was furious. I worried he would make another move to harm you"

Her brows furrowed "another move?"

Armstrong cast his eyes somewhere else "I knew of the first attack your highness. I saw you after the hunting games. This very same lady helped you into the palace"

Amber tried not to feel annoyed that he saw her "so you have been following me?"

"Yes your highness" it was more of prince Ivon's orders than his own will though, but he couldn't say that to the princess for she strongly believes that the prince was also after her life.

"Then did you?"

Armstrong knew what she wanted to say before she said it "yes I did." He noticed the scowl on the princess face and quickly added "I may have strong feelings for you your highness but my loyalty is stronger, rest assure that your secret is safe with me."

She didn't trust him. Despite his loyalty towards her, he was still prince Ivons friend. Whatever he saw between her and Aurora was something the king could easily use to finally get rid of her for good. She hoped Armstrong meant his words.

"I will trust your words Armstrong. Do not fail me"

Armstrong nodded and left her chambers. His heart was broken. It was painfully clear now, he would never be able to win over the princess heart. Her heart was already taken by another.

He arrived at the Prince's chambers and walked in without announcing his presence only to find the prince lip lock with a woman. Armstrong immediately turned away as the two lovers quickly scrambled away from each other.

"I am sorry for coming in so unannounced your highness. I can leave and return later" he offered noticing the blush on both their faces.

"I_its fine" Ivon cleared his throat "lady Teresa, is it okay if you leave us for a while?"

The blushing red hair bowed lowly before scurrying away as fast as her legs could carry, past Armstrong.

"So Armstrong, what is so important that you ruined such a joyous moment for me?" He asked with slight annoyance.

"Your highness the princess was attacked again outside the palace. The king is no longer holding back!"

Ivon's expression turned serious "he is really determine to hurt my sister"

Armstrong jumped in "I will not let that happen. I shall protect her with my life if I must"

"And What about Aurora? You said they both sneak out of the palace"

Armstrong couldn't hide his discomfort "she is okay and currently resting at the princess chambers. I think she had a little too much to drink"

"Is their relationship what I think it is?" Ivon enquired curiously.

"Yes your highness," his heart tighten in jealousy as he said the words "I found them kissing outside the tavern.

Ivon rubbed his chin thoughtfully "This is dangerous. If father finds out he would make history repeat itself for sure"

"So what do we do?"

"We will keep watching them. Aurora hasn't finished the book yet, I doubt she's gotten the message. There is just six days left to the final selection of the crown prince bride. The king has already made his choice. There might be blood shade Armstrong. Are you ready to protect the princess with your life?"

"You do not have to ask me twice your highness" Armstrong replied with determination.

War was coming and it will be bloody.