A MISTAKE?

The roommates had said goodbye to their friend Tina and watched her get into the carriage before returning back to their chambers.

Aurora decided that she needed to take a walk. Tina's and Susan's confession were still on her mind.

They both loved women. The three of them all loved women, but it seems like all their love would end in nothing but unhappiness.

Why was it so complicated for a woman to love another woman? Why is love so hard?

Aurora thought about the princess smile, how beautiful she was in a gown. How lovely her voice was as she sang and most of all, how good her lips tasted on hers.

Unconsciously, Aurora's fingers brush over her lips as she tried to remember the feel of the princess lips on hers. She was intoxicated and out of her mind in that moment, but she could never forget the softness of the first lips she has ever tasted. She could never forget that thrill and ecstasy she felt.

But she was out of line. What would the princess think of her now?! Aurora hated to think about it.

She sighed and push herself off the pillar she has been leaning on. Maybe she should go back to her room and read more of that book. She was almost done and it was getting more and more interesting.

Perhaps the book would distract her mind from all her worries.

As she walked down the large hallways to her chambers, she noticed the princess coming from the opposite direction and she was about to turn around and walk off in a hurry, but this time there was no one around and the princess fearlessly called out her name without hesitation.

"Aurora!!" She snap in annoyance and that was enough to get Aurora to halt. Her heart was beating in fear and nerves.

She wasn't prepared to face the princess. Not like this at least.

Amber walked towards her until she was standing right behind her. Aurora didn't turn around to face her, but she could feel her behind her. Her mind was hazy with fear and panic.

"Have you been avoiding me?"

Aurora couldn't deny it. It was obvious that she had been avoiding the princess.

"Your Highness I__"

"Whatever you have to say, say it to my face. Its disrespectful for you to turn your back to me while talking to me"

The annoyance in the princess tone made Aurora flinch in pain as if the words had physically hurt her. The princess hates her for sure. There was no doubt about that now. The thought made tears almost run down her eyes.

Finally she turned around to face the princess. There was no way out for her anyway. It was now or never.

Their eyes finally met and Aurora was a little thrown off by the look on the princess face. She looked more distressed than angry.

"Go on, say whatever excuse you have to say for avoiding me all this time!" Her amber eyes flash like lightening, and Aurora couldn't help but think that even in this moment, the princess looks nothing but beautiful.

Aurora swallowed as she fidgeted nervously. She has never felt this scared in her entire life.

"Your highness, I made a mistake o_on our last night outside the palace and I thought__"

"A mistake?!" The princess tone was cold and calm, scarily calm "you're saying you regret it?"

"Your highness I__"

"Speak the truth Aurora, do you regret it?!" The princess almost growled taking a step closer, Aurora had to step back "do you regret it Aurora?"

Aurora didn't regret it, not one bit, but how could she admit that? That was basically a death sentence.