AT THE PALACE

"I am going to miss you Mia." Aurora hugged her maid who stood before her with tears filled eyes. It was almost as if Mia expects her not to return.

"I wish to go with you my lady," Mia pleaded hugging Aurora tightly. She had been the one to raise the young lady after her mother died when she was very young and she was scared of her going off on her own to the world unknown.

What if she wasn't treated right at the palace? What if everyone looks down on her? What if there is no one there to take care of her?

Mia was scared and one wouldn't blame her for feeling so. The lady was more a daughter to her than a mistress.

"Rest your heart Mia," Aurora pulled away from the hug and wipe the stray tears that escaped Mia's warm brown eyes "I will be fine" she assured "if all goes as plan, I shall return home sooner than you think"

"B_but this is so sudden. Lord Steven did not even prepare me for this. It hurts me to see you go like this my lady. You'll be all alone with no one to look after you. I am beyond scared for your well being"

"I will be fine" she assured again and hugged the old maid once again to offer some physical comfort to her.

The carriage rider looked over his shoulder at them "miss are you ready?" He asked kindly.

Aurora pulled away from Mia and faced the house she grew up in. She stared at every details with hope in her heart, hope to return to this home where she was born, back to her maid Mia and most of all back to her father.

"Where is father?" She asked again for the tenth time since she stood by the carriage. He had refused to see her off because his heart was still troubled by guilt. In his opinion, he felt he was selling her off.

"He refuse to leave his study my lady" Mia replied wiping her tears away "he is also very troubled that you're leaving him. He's worried"

Aurora smiled slightly. So much for saying that he was getting old and she needs someone better to take care of her. Why would he say that if he couldn't handle her going away from him?

She wondered how he would feel if she gets chosen by the king for real.

But Aurora didn't want to think about that. She won't be chosen and she had her mind set on returning back home to her father.

Her father had absolutely nothing to worry about.

"Mia please tell father that he has nothing to feel guilty about. I will return to him soon and that's a promise"

Mia nodded and hugged Aurora one more time before Aurora finally climbed into the carriage. She waved goodbye to Mia as the carriage drove off to the world unknown.

💕💕💕

The outside world fascinated Aurora.

She could see children running around on the streets through the window of the moving carriage.

Dozens of men and women moving about in one place. Aurora has never seen so much people at once in her entire life and she was amazed.

They arrived at the royal palace at sundown as it took almost an entire day to get to the palace.

Well her family home was located very far away from the main town in Riverfall kingdom. One of the reasons why she never went out at the mansion was mostly because very few people lived close to their mansion. It was almost out of civilization.

Aurora was fascinated by the beauty of the castle. It was already dark but the entire place was decorated with lights of different color like petals of beautiful flowers hanging on the wall.