THE PLAY.

Aurora wasn't sure where the princess has brought her but it sure did not look like the festival Teresa described.

Here there were a lot of people both men and women in worn out clothes. They were all being disturbingly loud and Aurora even caught sight of how one man grabbed a woman's behind and pulled her to him and the woman giggled happily.

Men stumbled around, some brushed against her unable to maintain their balance and due to her discomfort, Aurora moved closer to the princess. If she was allowed to, she would have grabbed her arm in order not to loose sight of her, but she knew that would only get her in trouble with the amber eyed girl.

Unable to contain her curiosity however, she blurted her question out to the princess.

"What is this place your highness?"

Amber halted in her steps and stared back at Aurora. Her expression was blank, blazing eyes cold like ice. Aurora found it hard to read her expression although she feared that she may have made the princess angry.

"You must not call me by my title when we are surrounded by people like this" she whispers harshly, glancing around to make sure no one was paying attention to their exchange.

Aurora's eyes furrowed in confusion "if not your title, then what may I call you?"

Amber gave her a look almost saying 'are you serious?' "My name of course. You will call me by my name"

Aurora felt her heart explode in her chest at those words.

Call the princess by her name?

"H_How would I dare your high__" Amber place her palm over Aurora's mouth before she could let out the rest of the words.

"I understand your respect and noble intentions towards me" Amber said with a roll of her eyes, the sarcasm obvious in her tone and  her hands still firmly blocking Aurora's lips from uttering anymore words. "But this is for a good reason. Call me by my name and we would have a splendid night without getting attacked by thieves or bandit"

Aurora nodded her cheeks pink and flustered at the princess touch. She was finding it difficult to breath.

Amber pulled her hands away glaring down at Aurora with hard eyes "now say it. I want you to get used to it"

Aurora gulp down, unprepared for this sudden decision. Calling the princess by her name felt like a big deal to her, nevertheless she was not ready to defile the princess. After all its her fault that they were here.

She opened her mouth, heart pounding nervously as she uttered the words she wasn't prepared to.

"A_Amber"

It was like time stopped, it was like there was no one else but them in the crowded room, it was like all she could see right now was her.

The sound of her name escaping those lips. Why does it sound so different? Why does it feel so different?

There was a slight tug in her heart as she stared at those ocean blue eyes.

Familiar, innocent, beautiful.

No! Amber must be running mad. That was the only explanation for this sudden interest in a girl that could very much be an enemy.

But even as she thought so, she could still hear that tiny voice in her head, that tiny voice whispering that this maiden was innocent, that this maiden could be trusted.

She wasn't prepared to listen to that voice. She wasn't prepared to make the same mistake again!

As they stood staring at each other, lost in each others eyes, a drunkard stumbled forward almost crashing into Aurora, but Amber was quick. Her hands thrust out and gripped the blond's arms, pulling her flushed against her own body away from the staggering drunk man.