AN UNEXPECTED CONFESSION.

The king expressed his lost of appetite after the drama with his daughter and immediately retreated to his chambers. Ivon followed after him apologizing, but the sad look in his eyes didn't go unnoticed, he was still troubled by his sister's accusations.

"This was not how I expected things to turn out" Teresa mumbled sadly. The ladies no longer looked happy and excited about breakfast with the king. It has completely being ruined.

"This is the princess fault, if only she stayed in her place!" Lady Gianna growled in anger.

"She is indeed as bitter and wicked as her mother the late Queen" another agreed.

Aurora felt so angered by their words. She almost wanted to snap at them. How dare they talk about the princess in such manner? They knew nothing about her, they knew nothing about the pains she had gone through just to prove herself nor what she was feeling at this moment. Who are they to condemn her?!

"Aurora, are you okay?" Tina asked, fixing her with a worried look.

Her heart thundered in worry of why Tina was suddenly asking her that. She hoped she hasn't given herself away in a fit of anger "Why do you ask?"

"You look red"

Aurora calmed down immediately and brush off her worries. She only realize she was clenching her fist when she released it from the tight grip.

"Oh, I am fine Tina, I just have an upset stomach. I think I need to rest" Aurora stood up immediately and left the royal breakfast hall.

She hadn't planned on it but her legs were moving towards the princess chambers before she could stop herself. She had this sudden urge to make sure that the princess is okay.

Aurora stood outside wondering is she should announce her presence. She was still conflicted about her relationship with the princess. She had no idea if the princess trust her enough to let her in.

Nevertheless, Aurora gave in and summoned the courage to announce her presence.

"Your highness," she called softly, and as if expecting her, Amber shot open the door.

They both stared at each other. Aurora thought she would turn into a puddle mess on the floor if the princess keeps looking at her like that. Those eyes were bright and joyful as if finally getting a fill of something she had been missing.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice was cold as ice, but Aurora wasn't fooled. Her eyes was the answer to the questions Aurora had been asking herself ever since the festival.

"I came to check up on you your highness" she replied softly. She could see it in the princess eyes, there was no denying now that the princess did trust Aurora.

"You didn't have to" she brush off in a snappy tone. Aurora ignored it.

"I wanted to. In case you have yet to notice, I care deeply about you your highness"

Aurora hadn't expected to say that, but it came out anyway and she didn't regret it. Although Amber had this look on her face, this look of mistrust. It was obvious that she didn't believe a word Aurora was saying.

"Why? We don't even know each other that much? Why do you care?" There was obvious doubt in her tone. She was indeed still wary of Aurora.

"Because I know you are not what everyone think you to be. You saved my life twice your highness. You have looked out for me on multiple occasions, that is enough reason for me to care for you" and love you.

Aurora couldn't say it out loud. She never planned on ever saying it out loud. It was better to love the princess in secret.

"I don't know what to say." Was Amber's response.